Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

+23
JNub
Septula
JokerJamie
Fisheggz
Ipso-Shrapnel
Raine
Hiding in the bushes with
Jammer
mcgugan
Moozo
NYNE
01casey
bomby
GearsCT
DanglyBrasco
Seany C
Rebellious Backbencher
Dont Look Angry
weeble
gdf
Dingo
Kaptain Kaviar
Black Suede
27 posters

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 29 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by Black Suede Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:51 pm

Should have mentioned that I finished off the Vengeance trilogy, which was excellent, check it out people. Lady Vengeance was pretty tough to watch near the end. I loved the fade to white. I think I liked them all equally, not sure if I could choose. Think I'll check out Chan-wook-Park's Thirst next.

Sin Nombre was another which was great. About a girl and some family members trying to cross over into the United States, her paths ends up crossing with a Mexican gang member in the midst of it all. Check it out.

Also gave Monsters. Inc a proper watch, confirmed that it's not that good.

Oh, and Disney's Hercules. Glad to have Disney back in my life.

Kick-Ass is on it's way.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 29 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by GearsCT Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:23 pm

Wall-E

This is one of two pixar films which I just never really felt I needed to watch, but I'm glad I have now, a lovely story. I still need to see Up though.

7/10

Next film for me to watch is Defiance.
GearsCT
GearsCT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Suede: Monster's Inc is awesome! Sad Agreed about Hercules though - love it Smile

Gears: Glad you liked Wall-E but it's better than a 7!

I'm a Pixar fanboy though, seriously I even love Cars and really can't see why people don't like it as much lol.
Dingo
Dingo

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GearsCT Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:18 pm

7 maybe an 8 at a push. Its nice and all, just nothing amazingly special.
GearsCT
GearsCT

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Kick Ass is awesome, looking forward to the sequel.

Dingo wrote:Agreed about Hercules though - love it

Nice one, people seem to not like it which is a shame.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 pm

There's gonna be a Kick Ass sequel? Sweeeeet Big smile Really gonna try and get some cash to buy the DVD.

When I was a kid, I loved Hercules. Bought on DVD about 6 months ago and it's still brilliant. One of my favourite Disney films (Outside of Pixar).
Dingo
Dingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:10 pm

ZERO TO HERO!
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:54 am

I have the soundtrack on iTunes lol

I can go the distance Smile
Dingo
Dingo

Back to top Go down

Post by GearsCT Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:23 pm

Se7en

What an amazing film, seriously, I love this film, one of the best I've seen in a long time. I love crime thrillers as it is, but this one just hooked me straight in.

Anyone who is into films should see this for sure.

10/10
GearsCT
GearsCT

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Coin says heads
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GearsCT Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:03 am

I'll shove the coin so far up your ass you'll taste copper.

On another note. Lords of Dogtown

I may like this more due to the fact that I also enjoy skateboards and the whole scene with that. But I did enjoy it. Great little film about the explosion of skateboarding in California during the 70s.

I also found out the band Rise Against make a cameo portraying Black Flag.

8/10
GearsCT
GearsCT

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:53 pm

The Disappearance of Alice Creed

I dunno what I enjoyed more, the constantly twisting plot or Gemma Arterton naked. But yeah, solid tension-revolving thriller, the cast are all pretty convincing (although there are only three of them), only I failed to sympathise with anyone but Alice. The whole *spoiler alert* love triangle thing is a little out of the blue as it appears Vic's character has a sudden change in attitude as soon as you discover he likes penis.

But yeah, I liked a lot.
01casey
01casey

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:23 pm

Black Suede wrote:Kick Ass is awesome, looking forward to the sequel.

Just noticed your avatar, am I the only one who thought Hit-Girl was a bit of a low point for Kick-Ass? I thought she was a bit too obvious, and kinda lame really...I loved the movie, but I thought Kick-Ass himself and Big Daddy were the shizzle...

Requiem For A Dream

Great performances all round, as well as some nice shots and a great soundtrack. Depressing, yes, but what a horrifically brutal and brilliant climax. A real eye-opener, highly recommended indie flick.

8/10

Speaking of stylish indie flicks, anyone seen Paranoid Park or Thumbsucker?
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by GearsCT Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Stranger than Fiction

Another film which I thought was fantastic, and nice to see Will Ferrell in a sensible role for once to really prove that he is a pretty good actor. I like films for the story, and of course that's a given part in a good film. I don't look at the acting ability, the camera angles anything like that. It is just a really good and original story.
GearsCT
GearsCT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:04 pm

The Abyss

Cameron's least appreciated blockbuster, and with good reason. It drags for the first half and at first it seems like it's nothing more than a drier (Geddit?) version of Aliens. But it picks up and delivers several great scenes towards the climax.

Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Did you watch the special edition or the original cut? My review is pretty much the same as yours. I might watch the special edition cut though.

Also, did you watch it on DVD? The one I have looks awful, probably the worst picture ever, and it's from a major studio!
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:28 pm

I watched it on DVD, HORRENDOUS quality. Very lame DVD release.

I watched the special edition cut.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:48 pm

Wathced a lot of moooovies this week

Bubba Ho-Tep -

Bruce Cambel plays Elvis, After switching with an impersonator and taking over his life, Elvis is now living the last of his days out in a retirement home with delusional old folks waiting to die. Amongst them is Jack, a wheelchair bound black guy who thinks he's JFK. When the duo discover a reanimated mummy, it's time for Bruce to do what he does best, kick some undead ass! While the film isn't the best, if you love Bruce Cambel, you pretty much know what you're in for. Its worth a watch purely for Cambel's portrayal of Elvis, which now I've seen it, I couldn't see anyone else playing the king of rock.

6.5/10

The Changeling -

This film has honestly made me take back my views that Angelina Jolie can't act. She's brilliant in this movie. For those who don't know, the premise is simple. Jolie plays a supervisor of a telecom switchboard who lives with her son, Walter. After being called to work unexpectedly, Jolie leaves Walter alone. When she returns, her son is gone. 5 Months later, the LA police return the boy only for Jolie to declare that the boy is not her son.

What follows is Jolie's brilliant performance to prove her claims despite all the odds. If this isn't enough to sway you, it's got some brilliant twists and turns. On top of Jolie' acting, there is also the excellent direction of Clint Eastwood. A Brilliant movie which I highly recommend.

9/10.

Thumbsucker.

A indie, coming movie of the highest order. It's the story of Justin Cobb (played by Lou Pucci, who short of "Jimmy" in Greenday's St. Jimmy Video, hasn't really done anything since), a teenager who as the title suggests, still sucks his thumb, a habit that alienates him from even his family.

One of the most true pieces of cinema i've seen in a long time. With a supporting cast of Vince Vaughn and Keanu Reeves who both pull their weight, it's defiantly one to watch if you fancy a steaming bowl of teenage angst .

8.5/10

One Hour Photo

Robin Williams stars as Syi the "photoguy". Syi is a loner who works on the photo development counter at a Sav-mart. Syi knows the locals by name and harbors a secret obsession with The Yorkin Family. A dark psychological thriller that Williams acts perfectly. Syi is a wolf in sheep's clothing and is so sinister a character, you feel uneasy watching the movie.

8.5/10

Looking For Eric -

A film I've wanted to see purely because i've seen it splashed about the media so much. Eric is a postman whos life is truely at rock bottom. After a serious car crash, Eric doesn't know what to do. His step sons are heading for a life of crime and he lost the love of his life to his own bitterness. After a self-help excersise, Eric begins to see his hero, Eric Cantona (who makes the movie... purely because he's bloody Eric Cantona) and begins to get his life on track.

As much as i'd love to champion it for being a British independent film, it's pretty poor. The cast is often unbelivable (like why one of his step sons is black other than to tick the ethnic box) and delivers some pretty shoddy acting (the postmen, his oldest son...), the quality constantly switches between bad to awful and the ending is ridiculous. Watch it if there's nothing on but don't go out of your way.

5/10.

Tonight I've got Psycho and Vertigo (classic Hitchcock mofos) aswell as Frost / Nixon
Ipso-Shrapnel
Ipso-Shrapnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Vertigo is shit.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:57 pm

Black Suede wrote:Vertigo is shit.

Really? Heard a lot of mother fuckers raaaave about it. That and its kinda film noir has made me really want to see it.

Then again, I thought The Birds was massively over-rated so...
Ipso-Shrapnel
Ipso-Shrapnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:11 pm

It seemed pretty up my street as well, but I just couldn't get into it, found it pretty dull. Maybe I need to watch it again.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Vertigo is awesome.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Vertigo is shit.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Black Suede wrote:Vertigo is the shit.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:18 pm

If you look at my post again, I clearly didn't write that.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next