Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

+23
JNub
Septula
JokerJamie
Fisheggz
Ipso-Shrapnel
Raine
Hiding in the bushes with
Jammer
mcgugan
Moozo
NYNE
01casey
bomby
GearsCT
DanglyBrasco
Seany C
Rebellious Backbencher
Dont Look Angry
weeble
gdf
Dingo
Kaptain Kaviar
Black Suede
27 posters

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 31 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by Seany C Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:41 pm

my sister *slap* my daughter *slap* my sister *my daughter lol
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 31 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by Mindkiller Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Good ol' Jack. Knows how to handle them.
Mindkiller
Mindkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:17 pm

You like that bit, don't you, Sean.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:36 am

Annie Hall - Genuninely one of the most subtle and funny comedies I've ever seen. It kinda makes me cringe how so much of this movie has been ripped / 'homaged' over the years and I haven't realized it. Very subtle film about relationships, well worth a watch.

Phycho - I've been slowly working through my Hitchcock box set and after much persuasion form the misses, finally watched 'the classic' last night. Fuck, why have I waited so long to see this movie? Norman Bates is surely one of the creepiest characters ever to grace the screen. That said, I wish some of the time that went into making the shower scene was spent on the P.I.'s death, that looked awful in comparison xD
Ipso-Shrapnel
Ipso-Shrapnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindkiller Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:34 pm

I was going to watch Psycho next actually. I think my opinion on Hitchcock is skewed a bit by watching Vertigo first.

The more I reflect on it the stupider that movie seems in retrospect.

I watched Kickass a few days ago. T'was fun I suppose.
Mindkiller
Mindkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm

Your mum was fun, I suppose.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindkiller Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Nicholas Cage is a shitty actor, I suppose.
Mindkiller
Mindkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:49 pm

Uh oh...
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:08 pm

Mindkiller wrote:Nicholas Cage is a shitty actor, I suppose.

You Sir, have just gone up in my expectations.
Ipso-Shrapnel
Ipso-Shrapnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Mindkiller wrote:Nicholas Cage is a shitty actor, I suppose.

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 31 TIL-ad3
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:32 pm

Kick Ass was okay I guess, comic storyline was better, the film really falls apart halfway through.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:05 pm

Social Network - I highly recommend a watch. The plot is supposed bullshit and if you forget about it being semi-recent history, it's a good movie.
Ipso-Shrapnel
Ipso-Shrapnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:14 am

Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut

I hadn't seen the cinematic or directors cut beforehand so I was a bit weary of committing myself to a 3 hour film but all it took was the intro to draw me in. It was basically a panel for shot remake of its source material albeit with a slightly different ending that achieves the same effect. I saw this film sort of get discarded shortly after it's release, I don't know if the previous cuts harmed the quality of the film but from what I saw this is a solid, well made production and those 3 hours ended up feeling like 90 minutes.

5/6
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:12 pm

Did the Ultimate Cut have the Black Freighter cut in? Ive seen the theatrical and directors cut of Watchmen, and the longer cut was without doubt the best.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindkiller Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:43 pm

Yeah, the ultimate cut is the 'true' cut.

I've only seen the long one. One of the worst films I've watched all year.
To be fair though, I don't really see how anyone could make a better adaptation. It's very faithful to the material and the characterisation is good for the most part.

It's just that Watchmen is too boring to watch in one 3hr sitting.
Mindkiller
Mindkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:00 pm

I've seen the Black Freighter seperate and found it to a bit underwhelming, nowhere near the quality of the main feature. I'm glad I don't have it entwined with the live action.

And Watchmen is probably one of the finest comic adaptations I've seen. 9/10, easily.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:24 pm

I think the black freighter would be a bit dull on its own but when you have it in 2 minute segments scattered throughout the film its quite enjoyable and sets a teriffic tone for the rest of the material
thats my opinion anyway and like i said the length wasnt a problem for me
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:46 pm

The Talented Mr. Ripley - Brilliant story and a chilling psychological thriller. Although it was possibly a little lengthy / predictable, Matt Damon is superb in it.
7/10

Good Will Hunting - Never get old of this movie, great cast and further proof Matt Damon can act. 8/10
Ipso-Shrapnel
Ipso-Shrapnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindkiller Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:39 pm

American Psycho

Equal parts horrifying and hilarious. I loved it.
Worth watching alone to see Leto's face get split in half.

It's kind of sad in a way though seeing how insanely fit Bale was in this, and how scrawny he made himself look for the Machinist. He puts his body through way too much shit.
Mindkiller
Mindkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:17 pm

watched Inception last night, it was an entertaining film. I'll probably watch it again when a bluray rip is leaked
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:55 pm

Seany C wrote:watched Inception last night, it was an entertaining film. I'll probably watch it again when a bluray rip is leaked

Likewiissse, Can't wait to see it in hi quality again!

Ipso-Shrapnel
Ipso-Shrapnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindkiller Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Star Wars. Last time I watched it was around the time Phantom Menace came out.
It's amazing how fresh the effects seem more than 30 years on. The models they use in the '77 original are much more convincing than the CG bullshit in the new ones.

I also rewatched a DVDr of Inception. It's much better on a small screen as you don't feel overwhelmed by the 'BRRRMM BRRRM' every few minutes. I still don't think much of the film itself though.
Mindkiller
Mindkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:57 pm

My Own Private Idaho is a fantastic movie.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:51 am

Just got done watching Sicko, makes me think the NHS aint so bad.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindkiller Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Requiem for a Dream

Great soundtrack by Clint Mansell and really striking cinematography. Ellen Burstyn puts in an outstanding performance but the movie itself didn't really grab me.

Based on its other merits though I'd have to give it a 6 at least.
Mindkiller
Mindkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next