Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

+23
JNub
Septula
JokerJamie
Fisheggz
Ipso-Shrapnel
Raine
Hiding in the bushes with
Jammer
mcgugan
Moozo
NYNE
01casey
bomby
GearsCT
DanglyBrasco
Seany C
Rebellious Backbencher
Dont Look Angry
weeble
gdf
Dingo
Kaptain Kaviar
Black Suede
27 posters

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 30 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:32 pm

Black Suede wrote:Death to the infidels.

Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 30 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by JokerJamie Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:02 am

Ipso-Shrapnel wrote:Thumbsucker.

A indie, coming movie of the highest order. It's the story of Justin Cobb (played by Lou Pucci, who short of "Jimmy" in Greenday's St. Jimmy Video, hasn't really done anything since), a teenager who as the title suggests, still sucks his thumb, a habit that alienates him from even his family.

One of the most true pieces of cinema i've seen in a long time. With a supporting cast of Vince Vaughn and Keanu Reeves who both pull their weight, it's defiantly one to watch if you fancy a steaming bowl of teenage angst .

8.5/10

Weird. Just watched that last night too. I'd be inclined to give it a slightly lower score maybe but still enjoyed it. Bought that, Requiem for a Dream and American Beauty the other day. Enjoyed all a lot.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Watched Kick-Ass for the fourth time. One of the most entertaining films in years, the scenes with Big Daddy and Hit-Girl are just awesome. The part with the live execution is just wow, the music, the shots, amazing. Love the soundtrack.

"Time for Frank D'Amico to go byebye".

Gonna watch out for Matthew Vaughn in the future.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:33 pm

Black Suede wrote:

Gonna watch out for Matthew Vaughn in the future.

I loved Layer Cake and Stardust was while no where near as good as the book, was a decent enough movie... The next movie by him (new xmen) will be dire, purely because it's the xmen.
Ipso-Shrapnel
Ipso-Shrapnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:01 pm

I've got Layer Cake on the way, might check out Stardust too. I can't believe he's only directed three films so far.

I think you should take that statement back about X-Men! While I'm not a huge fan of any comic book and such, the first two films were pretty good, and your forgetting it's Matthew Vaughn. I watched the 2 hour or so behind the scenes footage of Kick-Ass, and he seems to know what he's doing for the most part. He's a perfectionist, and if somebody isn't doing their job right, he fires them. It's pretty funny seeing how aggravated he gets when the smallest thing isn't just right. I read he's already scrapped some ideas for X-Men: First Class because Nolan got their first with them in Inception.

I dunno, I just got this feeling, man, you know.

Oh, yeah, he's also got great taste in music.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:02 am

Black Suede wrote:
Rushmore (1998) Director: Wes Anderson

Bill Murray is a legend. I think I like Wes Anderson's style, it's odd, but I like it.

I'll give the Royal Tenenbaums a try.

3/5

Silly boy, you put a 3 instead of a 5...
Ipso-Shrapnel
Ipso-Shrapnel

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:04 am

3.5 then? I do like it, I love Bill Murray, might give it another watch sometime. By the way, I love Kick-Ass but I would give it a 4/5. Kinda why I try and not rate films too much.

Anyway, watched Layer Cake which was great, and Mad Max which was good, if lacking in story.

I'm getting lazy with these reviews...

JokerJamie wrote:Just noticed your avatar, am I the only one who thought Hit-Girl was a bit of a low point for Kick-Ass? I thought she was a bit too obvious, and kinda lame really...I loved the movie, but I thought Kick-Ass himself and Big Daddy were the shizzle...

Sorry, Jamie, dunno how I missed your post. But Hit-Girl is the movie! Along with Big Daddy, of course. The movie would have been pretty mediocre if it were more centered on Kick-Ass himself (more like Ass-Kick *snort*) all the way through. He was pretty boring to be honest, and I'm not sure where he could have went from being beaten up all the time.

It sort of cons you into thinking it will be a more realistic take on the superhero genre for the first half, but as soon as Hit-Girl enters the scene that all goes to hell, and I didn't give a shit.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:55 am

Rushmore and the Life Aquatic I didn't appreciate until my second viewing but they're both pretty fucking great it turns out
Loved the Tenenbaums first time round though.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:50 pm

Seany C wrote:Rushmore and the Life Aquatic I didn't appreciate until my second viewing but they're both pretty fucking great it turns out
Loved the Tenenbaums first time round though.

I love them all the same, fuck I even love The Fantastic Mr. Fox... Darjeeling Limited was the slow burner for me, the only Wes Anderson film i'm abit meh with is Bottle Rocket, but it's the dude's first film and he made it with friends... so what do you expect... [/fanboy]
Ipso-Shrapnel
Ipso-Shrapnel

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:18 pm

Got my dad a blu ray player for his birthday with Avatar and Pixar shorts collection. Just wondering what you guys would consider some of the 'must have' movies to watch on blu ray?

Avatar looks absolutely amazing.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Avatar is the best film I've seen so far on Blu-Ray, so you've seen what is has to offer.

The Dark Knight is a must and obviously any Pixar film, or any animation film for that matter. Inglourious Basterds, No Country for Old Men, Kick-Ass, and Fight Club are some others that I love on the Blu.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindkiller Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:20 pm

Eraserhead

I can't say I enjoyed it, but it was an interesting experience all the same.
It's a challenging movie with a purpose, unlike the incoherent nonsense that is Mulholland Dr.

Going to watch that Dragon Tattoo movie next.
Mindkiller
Mindkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:33 pm

Black Suede wrote:Avatar is the best film I've seen so far on Blu-Ray, so you've seen what is has to offer.

The Dark Knight is a must and obviously any Pixar film, or any animation film for that matter. Inglourious Basterds, No Country for Old Men, Kick-Ass, and Fight Club are some others that I love on the Blu.

Cheers mate I'll check out most of them when I can afford it.

The Town

Loved it, to be honest. Probably my favorite action film of the year besides maybe Kick-Ass. Affleck is a bit stone-ish as a performer but he's proved himself as a director with this one. Renner is great. Great action and plot.

Floating around 8-8.5/10.

Bad Lieutenant

Got around to seeing this and it was better than I was expecting. Kinda weird at parts but Nick Cage delivers.

7/10.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:47 am

I watched Bad Lieutenant back on Monday morning, I wasn't feeling too good so I stayed off work and watched it on Box Office. It was early, I was starved of sleep, and I was light-headed, so it was one trippy fucking ride. lol

This scene alone is just genius.

Everybody has to see this film at least once. Nicolas Cage continues to show us why he is the best actor in Hollywood ever.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:23 pm

The Other Guys

Not as good as some of Ferell's stuff, Anchorman in particular, but it was still awesome. Plenty of funny moments and some great lines throughout it. Walberg and Ferrel make a pretty funny team too. Would have liked it if Samuel L Jackson/The Rock were in it a little more though

Dingo
Dingo

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindkiller Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:39 pm

Zombieland

Was a lot of fun. I really like Woody's character, but most of the others seemed kind of flat.
Especially the Cera-esque main character, whatever his name was.

'BM''s cameo was great.
Mindkiller
Mindkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:52 am

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

On the whole a delightful treat, the definition of a visual blast. Inventive, clever and visually original, this is a film any self-respecting geek has to see. It does wear a little thin towards the end, and the showers of effect kind of outstay their welcome. But on the whole this is a very entertaining film!

Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindkiller Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:24 pm

I decided to watch Rushmore based on the discussion above and found it to be total shit.

Oh well.
Mindkiller
Mindkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Look Angry Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Buried - Didn't enjoy it at all which was disappointing. Hoped it would be Phonebooth-esque but is nowhere near it. I got bored 20 minutes into it and actually wanted Ryan Reynolds character to kill himself to save me watching it for another hour.

1/5
Dont Look Angry
Dont Look Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:15 pm

I didn't think Buried was that bad. It was floating around a 5/10 for me.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindkiller Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:15 pm

I'm gonna watch Hitchcock's 'Vertigo' in a moment. It's good, right?

I've never watched Hitchcock before so I'm fairly clueless.
Mindkiller
Mindkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:17 pm

Mindkiller wrote:I'm gonna watch Hitchcock's 'Vertigo' in a moment. It's good, right?

I've never watched Hitchcock before so I'm fairly clueless.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! That's a terrible movie to start on with Hitchcock, and with your comments on here about other films, Mindkiller, I'm 100% sure you will hate it. lol

I've only seen three of his films, so not much of a selection to give you, but North By Northwest was the first Hitchcock film I seen and I quite liked it. Rear Window is my favourite so far, even though it takes place in just one room the whole film, was really good, pretty tense stuff.

Anyway, just watched The Matrix with the headbutts uncut, and holy shit, it's like a different film, fuck the BBFC!

I also noticed the other films run longer too. I'm bummed, my whole film collection will now have to be reviewed.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindkiller Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:18 pm

I liked it. I don't see why it features so prominently on top 100 lists though.
Maybe it went over my head. I don't know.

If I come across as a pessimist it's only because I feel more compelled to post about movies I hate rather than ones I like. I don't really know why tbh..

I watched Inland Empire, Blue Velvet, American History X and Taxi Driver recently and liked them all. American History X could have been a much better film though.
Mindkiller
Mindkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:20 pm

The 39 Steps is easily Hitchcock's best for me.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindkiller Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:19 pm

I watched both Oldboy and Chinatown back to back. They were both quite good, although I found Chinatown got a bit dry towards the middle.

Spoiler:
Mindkiller
Mindkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next