Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

+23
JNub
Septula
JokerJamie
Fisheggz
Ipso-Shrapnel
Raine
Hiding in the bushes with
Jammer
mcgugan
Moozo
NYNE
01casey
bomby
GearsCT
DanglyBrasco
Seany C
Rebellious Backbencher
Dont Look Angry
weeble
gdf
Dingo
Kaptain Kaviar
Black Suede
27 posters

Page 11 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 11 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by 01casey Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:38 pm

Rebellious Backbencher wrote:
01casey wrote:Kaptain

If this starts to replace "Major" as shorthand for the forum member two posts up I'll cry uncontrollably.

I'll call him what I please Backbencher!

But seriously, I think I just jotted it in the spur of the moment. I tend to call people by either their first names or old forum names on here, so I guess it just slipped in.
01casey
01casey

Back to top Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 11 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by gdf Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:42 am

Tillsammans

A genuinely heart-warming and often funny film about the fragility of the family unit that ends on a good note. Absolutely great.

4/5
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:25 pm

The Soloist

Great performances from Jamie Foxx and in particular, RDJ. There's a good story here, but it definitely lacks....something. The music is fantastic but sometimes goes on for too long. A good half an hour could have been taken off the running time and the story would still have been complete. Weird ending, and some annoying gimmicky kinda parts...Nothing terrible about this film, in any case, but, with the exception of perhaps the acting and the music (in small doses), nothing spectacular either.

3/5
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:45 pm

The Soloist

4/5

Away We Go

What the fuck was Mendes thinking? Almost laugh free, lacking in any sort of useful comment, a condescending leading pair and aimless script serve to make this both highly forgettable and uninspiring faux-indie far, far less interesting than it should have been.

1/5
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:53 pm

Dang I was looking forward to Away We Go...Ah well.

You enjoyed The Soloist, then?
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:58 pm

Yes, an awful lot. Foxx was a powerhouse, and his fluctuating mental state was conveyed incredibly well. The scene in his mind with the colours was striking, the script was excellent, it was occasionally touching and obviously, as you said, the soundtrack was excellent.

You never know, you might like Away We Go, but I'd only recommend it if with a bird you want to drill.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:04 pm

I wasn't sure about that scene with the colours...I nearly would have preferred just seeing his face. I thought the scene when he was a kid and the flaming car rolls past his window and then he starts playing that sinister sounding piece really aggressively with the flames behind him was incredible too.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by JNub Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:45 pm

has anyone seen District9? watched it the otherday and thought it was really good!them guns the prawns have are CRAZY COOL!

JNub

Back to top Go down

Post by JNub Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:48 pm

my bad jus seen theres another thread bout D9

JNub

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:59 pm

Lol, it's cool.
Who are you btw if you don't mind my asking Smile
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:48 pm

JNub wrote:has anyone seen District9? watched it the otherday and thought it was really good!them guns the prawns have are CRAZY COOL!

Agreed. The guns are so awesome.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:30 pm

Metropolis

What an amazing piece of cinema. Gets and extra point for having influenced everything.

6/5
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:47 pm

The Curse Of Frankenstein
Zodiac
If...
Heathers
Chopper

I liked them all, but my course has alienated me from being able to give them a score. Christ.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:53 am

gdf wrote:Metropolis

What an amazing piece of cinema. Gets and extra point for having influenced everything.

6/5

Awesome. Have it sitting top of my film pile at the moment, but yet to watch. My expectations just rose.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:43 pm

The Onion Movie - I will admit to laughing a lot at the start. The first 20 minutes were great but after that it was shit. The scenes dragged on and were very anti-climatic and predictable and also extremly idiotic. However the singer chick was freakin' hot.

2/5
Dingo
Dingo

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:33 am

The Prestige - This is my favourite Nolan film by quite a bit I think. I think I need to watch it again but I think it was fantastically constructed and the character and story had me hooked. A fantastic performance for Bale too.

4/5
Dingo
Dingo

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:49 am

Yup, best recent Nolan film definately, but 3/5 for me. Memento was his best and looking at his other work it seems like a fluke.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:43 am

Slingshot Hip-Hop

5/5

Creation

3/5
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:40 am

Seany C wrote:Yup, best recent Nolan film definately, but 3/5 for me. Memento was his best and looking at his other work it seems like a fluke.

In terms of true, feature length films, Nolan has only really made 5films. Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins, Prestige and Dark Knight. Are you ust discounting the Batman films as being "shit"? Because both were better than the Prestige IMO.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:42 am

The Prestige was awesome. The Batman films were better.

IMO.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Neither were better than the Prestige imo. Begins was a 3 and Dark Knight was a 2.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:43 pm

Jesus.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:40 pm

You can't make a film like a semi-realistic action Blockbuster about a guy who dresses up as a bat to fight crime. Tim Burton pulled it off because the film had surrealist elements and presentation which allowed you to suspend your disbelief.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:43 pm

So its your inability to suspend your disbelief which is the problem?

Do you find it difficult to like Starship Troopers, If..., Dawn Of The Dead, Cloverfield, King Kong etc.

Dark Knight and Begins are great fucking MOVIES IMO.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:00 pm

Clearly not the same. If it were set in a universe like Watchmen where superheroes exist then I could look past it. Spiderman pulls it off because a) ?He actually has powers and b) Like the original Batman film's, it has a bright cartoony presentation and palette and doens't try to be a gritty realistic action flick like Heat. A vigilante wouldn't make a high tech bat themed armour suit. He'd stick on a bulletproof vest under a hoodie at most, but probably just go around dressed like your everyday guy. Load of bollocks really. The whole millionaire playboy by day, caped crusader by night aspect really doesn't suit the serious presentation either.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 32  Next