Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

+23
JNub
Septula
JokerJamie
Fisheggz
Ipso-Shrapnel
Raine
Hiding in the bushes with
Jammer
mcgugan
Moozo
NYNE
01casey
bomby
GearsCT
DanglyBrasco
Seany C
Rebellious Backbencher
Dont Look Angry
weeble
gdf
Dingo
Kaptain Kaviar
Black Suede
27 posters

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 21 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by DanglyBrasco Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:07 am

Can i just say i loved the ", like." in your post. It reminded me of me, and that you are indeed human Smile

Also, amazing avatar :O
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 21 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:55 am

Good on you Suede!
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:32 pm

It's my Grans Christmas present, but I just snatched when I was down at hers. She was there when I took it, though. lol

I might watch it in colour tonight, probably will lose some of it's charm, though.

DanglyBrasco wrote:Can i just say i loved the ", like." in your post. It reminded me of me, and that you are indeed human Smile

I'm all human, Dangly. lol
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Bad Boy Bubby 5/5

It manages to be one of the sickest and most endearing films I've seen simultaneously and contains one of the best performances I have ever seen. Shame no one's heard of it.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:45 pm

(500) Days of Summer - 8/10

Brick - 7/10

Daybreakers - 6/10
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:27 pm

Watch Brick again.

Be amazed at how that 7 turns into a 9 Smile
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Seany C wrote:Bad Boy Bubby 5/5

It manages to be one of the sickest and most endearing films I've seen simultaneously and contains one of the best performances I have ever seen. Shame no one's heard of it.

Fucking brilliant film. Funny, shocking and touching in a weird way and one of my all time favourites.

Shame everyone gets put off when you tell them there's graphic incest in the first ten minutes.

"Oy'm the clingwrap killa!"

Weirdly, that description could also apply to Precious, which I saw this morning at a free special screening for members of the cinema. Pretty much same as above, though not quite an all time favourite. Absolutely brutal - some incredible performances in there - and it doesn't try anything particularly fancy to achieve that. In a way it affords the events even more impact as they're allowed to speak for themselves.

4/5
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:08 am

@ Dangly...

I have it on DVD and its not the first time I've seen it. It's a bloody great movie with some lovely shots and some great acting in it Big smile rewatched it with the missus last night cos she hadn't seen it, but I'd be inclined to stick by my 7/10...

On another note, how hot are the girls in Brick? Not Emily so much, but the incredibly hot black chick and the rich girl who kinda wants Brendan...*DROOL*
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:11 am

gdf wrote:
Seany C wrote:Bad Boy Bubby 5/5

Fucking brilliant film. Funny, shocking and touching in a weird way and one of my all time favourites.

Shame everyone gets put off when you tell them there's graphic incest in the first ten minutes.

"Oy'm the clingwrap killa!"

Bubby's also made it to my all time favourites list. If I had to describe I'd say it's like Forest Gump, had Forest done acid and been touched as a kid, but better. Highly recommended to all our resident film lovers, I got it for £8.98 on Amazon and it comes with the new blu-ray transfer as well as a DVD copy and digital copy of the film. "God doesn't like fat people" "Then God be a cunt!"

Last edited by Seany C on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:08 pm

I may have to buy that, would love to see it again.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:48 pm

I might have to go get it too.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:10 am

Today I watched:

Bridge to Terebithia - 5/5 - Beautiful lament to the loss of childhood innocence.

The Pianist - 4/5 - Impressive, if occasionally dull, take on the holocaust.

The Terminal - 5/5 - Spielberg at his most sentimental. Charming and heartwarming, you'll either hate it or love it.

Irréversible - 4/5 - This film chews you to pieces and spits you out onto the pavement. Cinematic abuse has never been so spectacular.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:06 pm

The Road - 8/10.

One of the best feel good movies I've seen in a long time. That's a joke. It's gritty and rough going. Depressing and moving.

Up in the Air - 9/10.

Great fun, but don't bring your girlfriend. Chances are she'll leave you and head for America to fulfill her dream relationship with George Clooney's uber-slick character. It's witty as hell, and quite moving at times...
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Bakara blu-ray should be waiting for me when I get home.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:57 am

The Adventures of Robin Hood: A film that pretty much outlines everything that is awesome and terrible about blockbusters from the late 30's. 7/10

The Mist: An interesting horror film, that lacks momentum to start of with but pulls you in for a breath taking third act. 8/10
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:35 pm

The White Ribbon

Dark, gripping and involving, Haneke delivers the goods. I can see how it won at Cannes.

9/10
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by weeble Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:30 pm

Hurt Locker on BluRay....

Awsome film, not over keen on "war films" as such, but this is a really, really good film.
weeble
weeble

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:42 pm

Hurt Locker is my favourite film of last year by miles. It should win the best picture Oscar, but will lose to either Avatar, or Up in the Air, but Kathryn Bigelow will win best Director.

Renner got Nommed too!!

Oh, and what did you think of the sniper battle? astonishing, no?
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by weeble Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Hmmm....No.

Sorry, but over that distance with that gun in the hands of a relativly untrained sniper he could not have hit a moving target, and tbh would have struggled to hit the house let alone a corner of a window!!

Sorry...But twas the only bit of the film i went "hmmm" at.

I much prefered the Genral telling the locals it isnt safe, so they move off and in the next shot his helmet is rolling on the ground.

If you want a pretty decentish film with some REALLY good sniper shooting get "Shooter"...Yeah, it has that tit Walberg in it, but tbh it is very watchable (on BluRay) and pretty good cos of the shots and the realism involved.
weeble
weeble

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:58 pm

Mainly for Kate Mara, though.

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 21 6pz5d80
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Ha, yeah, i saw shooter, but i never really saw it as convincing. Admittedly, i know nothing about this sort of thing, but was blown away by how tense and nerve shredding the sniper scene was in HL.

It was stupendous that film...man, im gonna watch it again Smile
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by weeble Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:36 pm

Black Suede wrote:Mainly for Kate Mara, though.

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 21 6pz5d80

Weeellll....Yes.

And the nips through the t-shirt...Good choice of Gif bounce
weeble
weeble

Back to top Go down

Post by weeble Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:41 pm

DanglyBrasco wrote:Ha, yeah, i saw shooter, but i never really saw it as convincing. Admittedly, i know nothing about this sort of thing, but was blown away by how tense and nerve shredding the sniper scene was in HL.

It was stupendous that film...man, im gonna watch it again Smile

Ahh...I do a fair bit of shooting so kinda understand (in theroy) how the shots are taken and recognise the techniques used with the windage, elevation and cuvature allowances.

Id be happy to hit something at half the distances some of the best Snipers can shoot...But alas 3-400 mtrs is my limit for a 6" target on a good day Crying
weeble
weeble

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:55 pm

What gays.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by weeble Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Black Suede wrote:What gays.

Where,,,WHERE????

Drive them back with pointy sticks.
weeble
weeble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next