Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

+23
JNub
Septula
JokerJamie
Fisheggz
Ipso-Shrapnel
Raine
Hiding in the bushes with
Jammer
mcgugan
Moozo
NYNE
01casey
bomby
GearsCT
DanglyBrasco
Seany C
Rebellious Backbencher
Dont Look Angry
weeble
gdf
Dingo
Kaptain Kaviar
Black Suede
27 posters

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 20 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by Seany C Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:22 am

I'd say Princess Monoke is way better than Spirited Away. Akira's really good as well but not similar, I think you'd still like it. I'm not really an anime aficionado and didn't even like Spirited Away though so maybe someone else can give you better advice on their precious animu ^_~ have a kawaii day!

Edit: Watched Drag Me To Hell last night. Not a touch on the Evil Deads but entertaining. Seems somewhat similar to Thinner though making the plot less 'fresh' to me.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 20 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by Mindkiller Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:35 pm

Anime counts in this thread?

In that case, I saw Gits: Innocence recently. As per usual with Production IG it looked incredible.
The CG wasn't obtrusive or anything.

Most of the plot details sailed over my head though, as is usual with Gits

I saw Moon a while back as well. Nothing particularly remarkable overall, but I really, really liked the clinical atmosphere.
The moon base and tech was really reminiscent of that old retro view of the future
Mindkiller
Mindkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:07 pm

Yeah i saw Moon, itwas good.

Nowhere Boy is good too.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Benjamin Button:
Considering the end of the film consists of
Spoiler:
this is a very heart warming tale. 4/5 but I feel that 4 is somewhat generous.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:45 pm

Stalker

At each and every turn, Tarkovsky effortlessly proves his genius. Each individual element of this film's composition is perfect, and it all comes together in the most fascinating, compelling and though-provoking way. A multifaceted masterwork of absolute, epochal, enduring brilliance.

10/10
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:47 pm

A 10 from gdf normally means good things. I'll have to pick that up after my birthday I think.
Dingo
Dingo

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:48 pm

It's a very hard going experience, if you don't want to get all nihilistic and introspective I would avoid it lol
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:48 pm

gdf wrote:Stalker

At each and every turn, Tarkovsky effortlessly proves his genius. Each individual element of this film's composition is perfect, and it all comes together in the most fascinating, compelling and though-provoking way. A multifaceted masterwork of absolute, epochal, enduring brilliance.

10/10

Awesome, glad you liked it that much! Been passing it around to some friends at school and most like it. It's amazing how much the man makes of so little.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:59 pm

I think what's not in there is as important as what is. Kind of analogous to the characters' situations. It's so stripped down. The absence of music in some areas let the absence of sound in The Zone shine. Same with the cinematography, most shots are very long and almost static.

Blows me away even thinking about it.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:21 pm

gdf wrote:It's a very hard going experience, if you don't want to get all nihilistic and introspective I would avoid it lol

Think I may leave it then, at least for a while. I don't mind something like that every so often but I think I lack the thought for something like that right now lol.
Dingo
Dingo

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:40 am

Must check this out.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:16 am

Oh, The Good Shepherd is on BBC iPlayer. My family obviously weren't too keen on watching it last week, so I'm going to today.

Flubber is also on there. FLUBBER!
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:32 am

OK, so I was going to watch The Good Shepherd and I'm kind of accidentally twenty minutes into Flubber. Making a Pot Noodle and settling down, this could be the biggest waste of time ever.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Flubber? Wow last time I saw that I was about 7, and I was in L.A...I remember it. Must watch it again!
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Sid and Nancy-8

Im honestly not sure i've ever seen a better transoformation by an actor in a biopic(-ish) film. Oldman is stupendously brilliant, and the film itself is as robust, exciting and downright lunatical as Mr Vicious himself.

Hugely reccomended for any fans of the Pistols.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 pm

Anyone care to discuss 'The Lives of Others' with me? I have an exam question on it. Awesome film, although I've watched it so many times by this stage. Probably an 8/10 from me...
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:33 am

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 20 Keu4ut
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:53 pm

lol
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:15 pm

DanglyBrasco wrote:Sid and Nancy-8

Im honestly not sure i've ever seen a better transoformation by an actor in a biopic(-ish) film. Oldman is stupendously brilliant, and the film itself is as robust, exciting and downright lunatical as Mr Vicious himself.

Hugely reccomended for any fans of the Pistols.

My Dad's a big Pistols fan and he hated it. I'll have to ask him why sometime.
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Some say it unfairly represents the band, they way they treated each other, and tbh, its a much better film than a biopic. I loved it because of how movie-ish it was, but yah, i guess fans may have issues, i know Lydon hatedit too.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:56 am

Antichrist

I'm glad that such films are allowed to exist, but I'm not sure if I'm better off having watched it.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:04 pm

I was thinking of renting Antichrist...the front cover looks suitably fucked up. Any use?
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:10 pm

Major, there's a film called Possession by Andrjez Zulawski, which a British film critic called Mark Kermode likens to Antichrist thematically etc etc. I watched both, and was infinitely more disturbed, surprised and horrified by Possession. It's exceedingly difficult to find a copy in britain, it only have a VERY limited release on DVD, but its worth watching if you can find it.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:29 am

Daybreakers

Ridiculous, but still pretty good fun. And very very gory.

6/10
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:08 am

Finally got around to watching It's A Wonderful Life.

It's pretty good, like.

5/5
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next