Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

+23
JNub
Septula
JokerJamie
Fisheggz
Ipso-Shrapnel
Raine
Hiding in the bushes with
Jammer
mcgugan
Moozo
NYNE
01casey
bomby
GearsCT
DanglyBrasco
Seany C
Rebellious Backbencher
Dont Look Angry
weeble
gdf
Dingo
Kaptain Kaviar
Black Suede
27 posters

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 18 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by Seany C Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:45 am

The Goonies is okay, not brilliant like some people make it out to be. 3/5.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 18 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by JokerJamie Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:48 am

On the front of Total Film (I think) this month, there is a huge feature on Avatar. The catchline is 'AVATAR: Cameron's epic that will change cinema forever', or something along those lines. Got me pretty hyped about it actually.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:14 am

Nah, the technology available because of the film has alreay changed cinema. The whole "Creaton of a real time GI world, thing, thats extraordinary, bu thte film wont be anything really special in any other way than the CGI. Liek alot of Camerons films...
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:01 pm

Talk about a change in viewpoint Mr Brasco! It must be in my absence, people seemed to have changed their views a lot!

I agree with you though. Smile
01casey
01casey

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Not a change in viewpoint particularly. i still think Avatarwil be a great film, but after re warching T2 and True Lies and The Abyss, i dont think he's so great Entertaining,sure, but not a great deal of depth.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:19 am

Harry Brown

Michael Caine - officially the most badass grandpa on the planet. Great movie although I was disappointed with the ending...

7/10

Paranormal Activity

Some really genuine scares here. Scared the shit out of me, being honest. Really cool movie though, and incredible when you think about its unbelievably low budget. Besides from all the retards in the audience who couldn't help but laugh off their fear, I really enjoyed this. But the atmosphere was completely destroyed by the 20 or so goons in hysterics at some of the creepy, silent scenes that couldn't figure out whether they'd come to a comedy or a horror film. Ugh.

7/10

And both of those 7's are genuinely deserved. Not part of a 7-10 scale.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:08 am

Red Road

Dark and intense drama set on the streets of Glasgow that makes me sad the adjective "gritty" is now reserved for shit game PR. From the closing scenes to the end of the credits I cried and I cried and I cried some more, haven't howled like that in years. Incredible cinema.

5/5
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:05 am

Millers Crossing

9, or maybe a 10.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:59 am

Naked

Intense, bleak and wonderfully depressing. Highly recommended.

9/10
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:07 am

Moon

A strong 8
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:17 am

Inglorious Basterds.

Distinctly Tarantino, but thankfully free of the horrendous fractured narrative he typically uses, everything proceeds neatly in one timeline.
Despite taking me into 5am it never really felt like it was long, despite some of the scenes moving on for such an incredible length of time, they still managed to set the scene through little nuances, so the excess dialogue never felt wasted.
It amused me, indulged my adoration for the German language and I couldn't really find anything I'd find a flaw that really let it down. Good all round I'd say.
Raine
Raine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:53 am

And the first scene is outstanding.

Jammer

http://www.knights-of-curtainia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:09 am

The
Spoiler:
technique was annoying in Death Proof and it's still annoying, try not to do that next time Quint.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:41 am

I was pretty used to the abruptness of the violence. It'd been happening all through the film. A long shot of dialogue finished with a quick display of typical Tarantino ultra-violence to sequence you into the next one.

If anything the narrative reminds me of the film Bronson. A fantasy autobiography connected by spontaneous outbursts of violence gone as quickly as they appeared. Both films got the same reaction from my housemates, they only really said anything during the violence, which was usually a cross between awe and laughter.
Raine
Raine

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:52 pm

What can I say? Absolutely blew me away. Possibly the most significant film of the last 20 years or so...Jaw dropping, beautiful. It's hard to deduct any marks from it to be honest. As far as I'm concerned this is the best movie of the last decade, possibly longer. I adored it. Some people may complain about the character development, which may be a slight fault, but in comparison to the positive aspects of this film, that fault is minuscule. I was left completely speechless. Cameron confirms his place as one of the leading top tier directors on the planet, and Avatar does not disappoint. Revolutionary.

10/10
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:51 pm

Woah... I think I should probably go and see that then.
Dingo
Dingo

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:55 pm

I'm still very, very sceptical. I'll go and see it I guess.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:16 pm

I'm ultra sceptical but will be seeing it sometime during next week.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:37 pm

There are definitely people that will not agree with me. On a personal level, it is awesome. Ok, I was raving earlier, making brash comments, but it is one of the best (or at least one of my favorite) movies of the decade.

I stick by my score because I loved everything about it. Please go see it, everyone, because I feel the need to debate it with educated and avid film goers. It will wipe the floor at the Oscars imo, unless The Lovely Bones and Shutter Island can produce more spectacular cinema. Jackson/Scorsese/Cameron is a who's who of top tier directors so it will be really interesting.

Anyone who goes to see it, post their opinions and we can debate it here? Or should we move to the film discussion thread?
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by token new zealander Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:47 am

Yer I've seen Avatar, 7/10 or 8/10 in my opinion.

token new zealander

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:36 pm

going to see it before i return to college, my expectations just got a little higher.

bomby

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:32 pm

I've insisted my sister take me to see it (because she ate my Easter eggs, yes, I remember these things)
Everyone seems to compare it to Fern Gully though, which I've never seen. Though I suppose that's better, if I haven't seen it, I can't make the comparison and thus judge it on its own merit.
Raine
Raine

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Admittedly im on a high, but fuck me that was spectacular. Clunky dialogue and cliche ridden, yes, but hell, best action movie i've ever seen. Cameron uses the 3D as subtly as he used CGI in Titanic, which will hopefully show these other mornons (except for Tim Burton, i saw the tailer for his Alice and...wow!) how to do it. The CGI is unlike ANYTHING, i have nothing to compare it to, and i tried to explain this to a friend, il come back with something better in a bit, but this new ladscape of complete CGI, it allows for more creativity from the writer, director and creative department. Seriously, go and see this, just to be in complete awe at the visuals.

It IS a Cameron action movie, what were we expecting. Surpassed my expectations definitely.

DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by token new zealander Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:37 am

OBJECTION!

token new zealander

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:32 am

Will expand tomorrow. Tired.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next