Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

+23
JNub
Septula
JokerJamie
Fisheggz
Ipso-Shrapnel
Raine
Hiding in the bushes with
Jammer
mcgugan
Moozo
NYNE
01casey
bomby
GearsCT
DanglyBrasco
Seany C
Rebellious Backbencher
Dont Look Angry
weeble
gdf
Dingo
Kaptain Kaviar
Black Suede
27 posters

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 8 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by 01casey Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Don't Look Now

9/10
01casey
01casey

Back to top Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 8 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by Seany C Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:14 am

Yup, good film indeed.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:37 pm

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and it's genius!

<3 Robert Downey Jr

Jammer

http://www.knights-of-curtainia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:49 pm

Jammer wrote:Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and it's genius!

<3 Robert Downey Jr

Yesyesyes!! My favourite film Smile Not the best ever made, but my personal favourite SmileSmileSmileSmile
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by GearsCT Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:30 pm

Bought Night Watch and Day Watch today.

Just watched Night Watch, thought it was pretty awesome to be honest, especially in HD. Hard to keep up with the plot but when you do its really quite good. 8/10
GearsCT
GearsCT

Back to top Go down

Post by mcgugan Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:27 pm

Just a short review of Inglourious Basterds.

Running time: Exactly as long as it needed to be, to my memory there were no scenes which dragged in their pauses and every scene was necessary. Piss beforehand.

Plot: What happened to those extra Basterds? Aside from that, brilliantly plotted, wonderfully executed with an ending which will make you do a glee shit.

Bad points: Not necessarily Bad bad, but a few of the lines and shots appeared to be for Tarantino's film geek pleasure, and Hugo Stiglitz's introduction may take the immersion off the film for some, but not for long.

9/10
I'm nowhere near sleep because I'm still completely jazzed off the film.
mcgugan
mcgugan

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:58 pm

Wooo!

I nearly jizzed when Sam Jacksons, Blaxploitation V.O came on... haha. Im ith you dude, it as completely brilliant.

Hans Landa Heart
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:59 pm

"The difference is I don't consider the comparison an insult"
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by mcgugan Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:09 am

An addendum to my review on a more moral note in reply to Videogum's writer:

SPOILERS IN WHITE AHEAD

Being a Britishman (i suspect we all loved the briefing scene's parody a lot more than you guys simply because we've endured a lot of "pip pip cheerio" Brits in films over the years) I'm seeing District 9 after this, and I'm very glad of that, because I want to top off my summer of movies, not peak and then dip.
On the film itself, I've always found that my moral compass is more wayward than Gabe's and I love reading his reviews because I often see something uncomfortable in a film that I've never seen before. With this film, I wasn't as repulsed by the setting and fairy tale getout clause, and I recognised during the film that I should have been, as the tastefulness setting was firmly jammed at 0. That said, I felt sickened (and still do a little, 3 hours after the film) at the people laughing during the strangling of Diane Kruger's character and Eli Roth's killing scenes, the shooting and the bat being the worst offenders. There was funny over-the-top violence in the film, and terrible violence, and it worried me some of the time that there were audience members that didn't understand the difference. Not that I believe that they're violent people themselves, just that it saddens me that in film appreciation, there are those that operate on the basest level when it's really not ok, and this is one film where I had to wonder whether I was one of those people. I don't know about other people, but when a film makes me think like that, I feel that at least on some level it was a great film, whether or not it's on the same level as that intended by the film maker.
mcgugan
mcgugan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:52 am

Inglorious Basterds

8/10

Solid and entertaining, but no "masterpiece".
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:55 am

I'm gonna get high and go to the cinema to watch Inglorious tomorrow.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:45 am

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised Sean it's better than all his other films.

Jammer

http://www.knights-of-curtainia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GearsCT Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:57 am

Day Watch - 8/10

Better than the first one and still enjoyable, prefer listening it in Russian with English subtitles. Quite action packed and still feeling rather foreign which I liked. Bought both of them on Blu-Ray yesterday and really enjoyed them. Smile
GearsCT
GearsCT

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:27 pm

Cinema Paradiso

4/5
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:46 pm

Just got back from The Hurt Locker. Loved it, completely. Very very tense, and very sad...9/10
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Confessions of a Shopaholic

2/5
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:35 pm

gdf wrote:Confessions of a Shopaholic

2/5

WHAT!!!???
Dingo
Dingo

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:02 am

DanglyBrasco wrote:Just got back from The Hurt Locker. Loved it, completely. Very very tense, and very sad...9/10

Saw that today too. Fantastic stuff. Really.

The only hang-up I had was....

*SPOILERS*

The ending was shitty. It was like some epic transformers style bullshit. The reason why I enjoyed the film was because it felt very real, but the ending ruined it. That stupid song kicking in etc? Craaap

Besides that it was amazing though.

4/5

Bronson

Saw it last week. Also fantastic. Tom Hardy is amazing in it too.

4/5
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:05 am

mcgugan wrote:Just a short review of Inglourious Basterds.

Running time: Exactly as long as it needed to be, to my memory there were no scenes which dragged in their pauses and every scene was necessary. Piss beforehand.

Plot: What happened to those extra Basterds? Aside from that, brilliantly plotted, wonderfully executed with an ending which will make you do a glee shit.

Bad points: Not necessarily Bad bad, but a few of the lines and shots appeared to be for Tarantino's film geek pleasure, and Hugo Stiglitz's introduction may take the immersion off the film for some, but not for long.

9/10
I'm nowhere near sleep because I'm still completely jazzed off the film.

Apologies for the double post. I was let down by Inglorious tbh. The violence was amazing as usual from Tarantino, but a lot of the scenes were only bearable because of Christoph Waltz's amazing performance. Just my opinion.

3/5
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:45 pm

I know what you mean about THL, it was a bit of a bummer, but jesus. It was good Smile
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:22 pm

Yeah it was. Something else. I love how its so believable. In the whole spectrum its a small aspect of the war, the kind of things you never think about, but when a light is shined on it you really appreciate the trouble these guys have on a day to day basis.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:56 pm

Million Dollar Baby - 8/10
The Killer (Jown Woo) - 8/10
Ed Wood - 7/10
The Baader Meinhof Complex - 6/10

Just got The Good The Bad and The Ugly on Blu-ray... awesome!!
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:16 pm

Kaptain Kaviar wrote:

Just got The Good The Bad and The Ugly on Blu-ray... awesome!!

Litereal shivers of anticipation at how good that will look.

Also, like, yes late in coming, but how good is TDK on Blu Ray? I mean really? The hospital explosion is amazing...
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:27 pm

I watched Let The Right One In with ickle bro and mother tonight, i saw it in the cinema with some filmy friends first time, completely loved it.

Watched it tonight, Mum and Bro hated it...hmm.

It is good isnt it? Like, its really good?
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by GearsCT Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:22 pm

I have family who live in America and to make things easier this is how they work out as being family and what they work as... alright

My Dad's cousin work's in the music industry with his own record label
His soon to be ex wife is a producer
Their two sons are both actors...

Now where was I, oh yer, well my 2nd Cousin, sent me a DVD of District 9 which his mum helped produce.... now where was I, oh yer, District 9... All the reviews of it are overly harsh, it is an awesome film, can be quite horrific in a few moments but still a very good story with an engaging story. It starts off being in a Documentary sort of way, with interviews etc, and this carries on throughout the film in small chunks but the main part gets turned into a real film seamlessly. I found the aliens (prawns) to be very believable and really felt for them by the end of the film.

9/10
GearsCT
GearsCT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next