Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Politics

+7
Seany C
01casey
GearsCT
Dont Look Angry
Kaptain Kaviar
Rebellious Backbencher
gdf
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Politics - Page 2 Empty Re: Politics

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:39 pm

Because they lack any kind of ambition. As far as they're concerned we should just sit around and let the country continue as it is. They have little interest in looking for more oil, improving roads as well as bettering the health and school systems. They have no interest it seems in letting companies establish Norway as more than just an oil nation, but as a capitalist state capable of keeping the cash flowing even when the oil eventually dries up. And I for one want to be able to have my own fucking room if I ever end up in an old peoples home. And inheritance tax really, really has to go.

Mostly it's just because of my ideology. I'm no Marx fanboy.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:52 pm

Yeah, that's alright. I don't mind the right (at least the fiscal right) as much as I used to because I managed to nail it into my head that it's just an opinion, not a patently falsifiable belief like religion.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisheggz Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:20 pm

Lol I am a bit of an extremist in many ways Tongue out But I am a firm believer in what is practical and nothing more.

I would like to see a complete over hall of are justice system, with two tiers of prison with one focusing on rehabilitation and the other focusing on punishment, If you visit a rehab prison more then once then spend time in a cell with 6 other cell mates with one batch of toilet role. Prison ship would maybe be a good idea.

Also every one should pay the same percentage of tax from there wages 20% That way the rich are paying more but in equal proportion (my main reason for this is that the middle class seem to be the ones bearing the brunt of Labours Taxes at moment and they are the ones getting least out.

Pull out of the EU as it is not value for money.

Shoot Alex Samond, I like the idea of an independent Scotland but divvy boy there would force it upon us at any cost.

Legalize Brothels as in countries where they are legal there is a hell of a lot less sex crime and child abuse, it also gets rid of the pimps hand in all this and means the women are at least in a safe environment

Legalize and tax cannabises

Lower wages for some sectors of the public sector and cut some jobs as well (why should the MOD have more civilian staff then trained solders??)

Build clean Nuclear power stations too

My list goes on lol I don’t know where I stand but I suspect I shall be voting UKIP in the next election lol
Razz
Fisheggz
Fisheggz

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:54 pm

Fisheggz for president (of the world)
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:57 pm

A lot of that's reasonable. I think all law should be based on practical logic as opposed to out-dated prejudices and instinct, which is why I'd agree with you on legalising cannabis and prostitution, as well as taxing policy, but not upon the thought of a prison explicitly for punishment or job cuts.
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisheggz Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:37 pm

Rebellious Backbencher wrote:A lot of that's reasonable. I think all law should be based on practical logic as opposed to out-dated prejudices and instinct, which is why I'd agree with you on legalising cannabis and prostitution, as well as taxing policy, but not upon the thought of a prison explicitly for punishment or job cuts.

I must admit I could have worded it better regarding prison lol What I mean to say is buy all means have prisons of reasonable quality and give for the training they need but that doesn’t work with all people then we have to have prisons which are a deterrent, I don’t agree with the whole "we have to let people out early because there is not enough room" when they could be sharing rooms, If you have violated someone else’s human rights to the extent you are found worthy of jail then to be honest you should lose your own human right as Jail for some people is no longer a deterrent.

Primary purpose of a prison is to protect the innocent.

And for Job cuts I only want the non jobs to be cut, the tax payers alliance has a huge list of jobs and job descriptions which are worth a look at if you want to be annoyed by something.

Like I fail to see why the MOD has more civvy jobs then solders when the whole point of the MOD is the defense of this county. Does there really need to be so many managers in the NHS??? and why does a receptionist at my local council hall get paid 18K a year for 30 hours a week work when any one else in a non publicly funded job would be lucky to get 14K a year doing the same thing.

If my missis gets a job in a council run nursery and gets out the privet nursery she will get an extra 250 buck a month for doing the same job!

Get rid of the quangos that run this county and stop over paying the public sector (nurses and teachers should get more money for what they do though and soldiers fighting abroad should not pay tax on there wages)
Fisheggz
Fisheggz

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:45 pm

and you know, stop all this "go green" crap.

bomby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisheggz Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:48 pm

bomby wrote:and you know, stop all this "go green" crap.

Lol dont get me started on that afro
Fisheggz
Fisheggz

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:50 pm

please do, i feel this an untouched subject on the interhood that could bring up some interesting arguements

so ill go first,i refuse to do anything about global warming as there is no point. working on fence panels and knowing im doing my bit to hurt the enviroment gives me a nice warm feeling. Cool

bomby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisheggz Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:57 pm

Lol

A am going start by saying that anyone who thinks that the human race is the only thing that is contributing to climate change needs to read a bloody history book and learn a bit of science lol

The climate is changing, it always has and it always will as there are far to many variables for it to stay consistent, there was many an ice age before man and there will be many after.

I say we stop this stupid goal of stopping climate change and change it to adapting to climate change

NUCULEAR POWER is the cheapest most practical and environmentally friendly way forward

And for got sack stop electric powered cars there are better alternatives
Fisheggz
Fisheggz

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:59 pm

agreed, and what would happen if sea levels rise and it got hotter, trinidad and tobago and a few other small islands with hardly any people on would flood and i could go on a beach holiday in my own country, how terrible Rolling Eyes

bomby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Selfishness isn't fun.

Jammer

http://www.knights-of-curtainia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:20 pm

Nor is eventual loss of life on a 1/3 scale.
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:51 pm

lets say global warming is real (which it isnt), what is the point of me fitting my entire house with those shitty energy saving bulbs, shutting everything in my house at night etc, how does that compare to the billions of tons of gases being pumped out by india, china and USA. in about 3 seconds all of the energy im saving will probably be pumped out by these 3 countries. unless they themeselves took steps to reduce emissions, the entire green effort is pointless. there is no way to stop the earths climate changing, its happened many times before when there was no human activity to speak of, how is the ice ages explained and how hot the earth was to sustain dinosaurs. scotland was even a tropical rainforest at one time for god sakes.the rise in temp is just nature at work, and no amount of shitty lightbulbs will change that.

bomby

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:12 pm

It's like donating to a charity - do your little bit, everyone else does theirs and it adds up. The charity in this case is the entire human race. Denying global warming is a bit silly, really, and I know ice ages etc. are cyclical, but we've accelerated the process and science has advanced to the point that we have the power to preserve life.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:39 am

Bleh.... red-green coalition.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:02 am

I hate the right for the fact they often acknowledge their views are selfish and don't care. What happened to sharing and caring, guys?
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:14 am

I say we pollute more to accelerate the process. Bring on the warm age I say. My children can worry about the repurcussions.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisheggz Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Rebellious Backbencher wrote:Nor is eventual loss of life on a 1/3 scale.

That is fear mongering if you ask me, Ice ages don’t happen like in the film Day after tomorrow, they take time and happen little by little. People will die but of other cause's such as starving cause buy less fertile land but I doubt on that scale. (Did you know that there is allot of Evidence that Medieval Europe was in the middle of an ice age) When it ended there was a huge boom in population.

Food will be the real issue but if we grow Genetically Enhanced crops that wont be an issue "Unless the naturalists save the planet types get there way and ban it"

For the record I do think we should get rid of coal power plants and think it would be awesome if everyone had solar panels and such like but I don’t like the way people abuse the climate change issue for there own gains or miss leading information that get touted as fact "Any one who say STOP CLIMATE CHANGE loses respect"

Lower green taxes and Build nuclear power plant and we can all like a cheaper cleaner life
Fisheggz
Fisheggz

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:41 pm

http://www.omrlp.com/

lets say fuck it and join this party.

bomby

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:27 pm

There's no such thing as clean nuclear power.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisheggz Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:05 pm

gdf wrote:There's no such thing as clean nuclear power.

Depends on your define clean, It give off next to no CO2 and is very effiecant unlike wind farms and solar pannels which are the bain of the people in charge of the Power Grid, It does give off waste which does no harm to the envirmoent providing you dont just poor it down the drain, It does take thousands of years to dissipate naturally but I am sure that with enougth invesment there are ways we can can speed up that prosses.

basically a well run nuclear plant is clean Crying
Fisheggz
Fisheggz

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:56 pm

Yeah until your kids skin falls of an a live raccoon sprouts from his face.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by mcgugan Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:09 am

gdf is like erin brokovich but sexy.
he's takin' on the man!
mcgugan
mcgugan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:09 pm