Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

+23
JNub
Septula
JokerJamie
Fisheggz
Ipso-Shrapnel
Raine
Hiding in the bushes with
Jammer
mcgugan
Moozo
NYNE
01casey
bomby
GearsCT
DanglyBrasco
Seany C
Rebellious Backbencher
Dont Look Angry
weeble
gdf
Dingo
Kaptain Kaviar
Black Suede
27 posters

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 24 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by JokerJamie Fri May 07, 2010 11:25 am

I thought Eastern Promises was ok, maybe I need to see it again though. History of Violence is great though.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 24 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by DanglyBrasco Mon May 10, 2010 5:05 am

Dogma is my favourite comedy. Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are incredible.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Fri May 14, 2010 9:20 am

Brilliant film, though it would seem few have heard of it, caught it again on ITV2 last night. Very close to 5/5 but ultimately a high 4.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Fri May 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Yeah, I watched a bit of that last night, went to bed though. Mum said it was good.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Mon May 17, 2010 12:50 am

True Romance

The best film Tarantino has ever been involved with. Should most definitely try his hand at simply being a screenwriter. Basterds, an Kill Bill (despite being my favourite of his recent works) we overlong and too self referential. True Romance is almost perfect Smile
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey Mon May 17, 2010 6:44 am

Don't have long but to briefly summarise:

The Box - Shit.
(500) Days of Summer - Lovely.
01casey
01casey

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Mon May 17, 2010 9:00 am

DanglyBrasco wrote:True Romance

The best film Tarantino has ever been involved with. Should most definitely try his hand at simply being a screenwriter. Basterds, an Kill Bill (despite being my favourite of his recent works) we overlong and too self referential. True Romance is almost perfect Smile

You're great great great great grandma... fucked a niggah
You're part eggplant!
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Mon May 17, 2010 11:43 am

I love True Romance. Always said it was better than Pulp Fiction. LOL at Brad Pitt in it too.

And Casey, (500) Days Of Summer is brilliant too! I can watch it over and over. Awesome soundtrack, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt rocks that performance.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Mon May 17, 2010 11:49 am

Outlander! Haha, what a film! Went in expecting a trashy B-movie, and although it kind of is that, it gets by on funky charm and entertainment value. And its set in Norway, which is never a bad thing.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Thu May 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Hot Rod - 4/10

Hot Tub Time Machine - 6/10

Paranoid Park - 7/10

Goodfellas - 9.5/10
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel Fri May 21, 2010 7:03 pm

how can you rate hot rod 4/10? that film is genius xD

Four Lions - 8/10
Ipso-Shrapnel
Ipso-Shrapnel

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Tue May 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Besides from the 'Whiskey' gag, I really didn't think it was that funny No
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Wed May 26, 2010 1:52 am

i Liked Hot Tub. It ws ridiculous and silly and like, nonsensical. But i liked it. I liked John Cusack actually. Fuck the rest of them. Cusack made it, and the other bits were shit. Some good one liners, but thats out it. Dissapointing.

Can i please point out that Roger Ebert's losing it? Please? He's old and i proabably wont get flamed for saying it here, he's a fucking idiot recently. Sure, like, let him have an opinion, but i remember him as the same as having an empire 5*, Or a Kermode badge of approval. Now he seems kinda dumb. He gives good reviews to films that he likes (despite the quality of films) and gives bad revi
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Wed May 26, 2010 10:17 am

ews to decent films just because he didn't care for certain parts. I'm tired of Roger fucking Ebert, man.
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Wed May 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Thanks dude, idnt even know what happened then.

But yeah. I know that was kinda random but i was looking at IMDb things and he cropped up alot.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Look Angry Thu May 27, 2010 10:11 pm

Only got round to watching The Wrestler the other day and thought it was a fantastic film. Mickey Rourke was superb. 9/10

The End.
Dont Look Angry
Dont Look Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Fri May 28, 2010 10:33 am

The Bad Liutennant: Port Of Call New Orleans.

This is just a wonderful, enigmatic, insane film. Its creepy, and fucking hilarious and Nic Cage is just extraordinary. Its his best work since the Oscar win for Leaving Las Vegas and tbh from what i've seen so far an early contender come awards season (though probs not).

In a film full of amazing moments and frankly absurd dialogue, my favourite for sheer LOL when no one else did was

Nic: Baby, i need the coke back
Eva: What? Why?
Nic: Well i snorted what i thought was coke, but it was heroin, and i need to go to work soon.

(This doesnt admittedly sound as funny, but his facial expression and franky calm demeanour along with the amount of sweat made it)

Best film of 2010 so far.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Fri May 28, 2010 10:49 am

I wanted to see that but my mates all voted for Prince of Persia, which lurks somewhere between 5-6/10 for entertainment.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Fri May 28, 2010 12:35 pm

Are the comparisons to the first Pirates worth noting at all Jamie?

Also, i forgot, Rec2 scared the hell out of me. Admittedly, i was in the cinema (big, dark, loud) and admittedly i had just watched the first in the same environment so i was kinda on a knife edge, but the two films are probably the most innovative zombie/parasite/possessed people films of recent memory. The twist at the end of the sequel is truly like "whoahhh" and the hype is raised for the concluding chapter due out next year. Character development was minuute allowing instead for the plot to dive right in (7 minutes after the original ended) at the deep end. The blood stains are fresh, limbs left exactly where they should be, and the same cast are zombies/parasites/possessed people. Really, i hugely fucking reccomend this to everyone, it was wonderful. Try and catch a double bill if you can, maybe the best experience i had in the cinema this year (fuck Avatar).

P.S. Love ya'll.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:28 am

I really liked [REC]2. Not as scary as the original I don't think, but there were plenty of twists and turns in the story.
01casey
01casey

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:57 am

Still have to see [REC]2. I loved the first one.

Ehm Dangly, no PoP is nowhere near as good as the first Pirates movie...

Watched 'Where The Wild Things Are' last night. I actually really enjoyed it. Incredible soundtrack and the symbolism, though hard to find, is rewarding and really brilliantly portrayed. It loses a point for being slightly overly slow-paced, but its really a great film for all ages.

It's a solid 8/10 at least, probably pushing a 9.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:40 pm

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

7/10. Wished there was more plot as the fun started to wear off towards towards the end and it became a bit tedious.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:07 pm

I bet you didn't even drop acid before watching, amateur mistake.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:20 pm

The first Saw film is actually very decent. Also, big plus having Diz from Starship Troopers in it and Danny Glover.

Also, being stoned/pissed is really a pre-requisite for watching Fear And Loathing nowadays.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:30 pm

Paths of Glory

Magnificent. Harrowing. Emotional. A Kubrick masterpiece. Lightyears ahead of its time.

10/10
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next