Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

+23
JNub
Septula
JokerJamie
Fisheggz
Ipso-Shrapnel
Raine
Hiding in the bushes with
Jammer
mcgugan
Moozo
NYNE
01casey
bomby
GearsCT
DanglyBrasco
Seany C
Rebellious Backbencher
Dont Look Angry
weeble
gdf
Dingo
Kaptain Kaviar
Black Suede
27 posters

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 14 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by gdf Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:53 pm

I haven't seen it.

Stuck Barry Lyndon on my LoveFilm list.

Anyone else seen the genius that is Shane Meadows' Le Donk and Scor-zay-zee?
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 14 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by JokerJamie Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Anybody been to see Zombieland yet? I hear great things. Hopefully I'll be going during the week at some stage...
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:03 pm

X-men Origins: Wolverine

When a film plays host to a scene where the main character holds a dying ally in his arms while he screams at the camera which retreats hastily skyward you can't help but wonder if it's a joke.

But no, Wolverine doesn't consider himself to be a joke. This film is DARKER and more SERIOUS. Yeah.

It's actually quite entertaining to watch considering you could probably trace the Hollywood dramaturgical model to fit the script perfectly, every cliche and gimmick firmly in place. This is the closest you get to a cookie cut film. Unoriginal and lazy writing is written all over this production, the dialogue moronic and the CGI is probably the worst I've seen in a big budget production. The opening titles also have the nerve to freeze the picture mid action to tell us who directed the tripe. Such arrogance.

For anyone who's studied film you'll be able to predict the film from the get go. Everything is completely by the book. I wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine revealed his plans exactly at the twelfth minute after a few routine of life scenes. And the plot plants are so obvious that it seems like the filmmakers didn't even want them to be hidden. You can make them out based on how the characters speak.

Tragic. But somehow entertaining to watch. Everything has been done before. Many, many times. But still, there's something that hap hazardly pulls you through to the end.

Oh and it has Ryan Reynolds. BEING VERY SERIOUS AND BAD ASS.

Lolmovie.

4/10
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:56 am

Zombieland

Like Left 4 Dead in movie form. Its really great fun. And incredibly entertaining.

8/10
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:05 pm

Crash

It fucking sucks

3/10
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Hope you're talking about the shitty Don Cheadle movie that plays the racial sensitivity card to bag some Oscars and not the Cronemberg thriller about people who stick their dicks in the wounds of car crash victims.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:13 pm

Of course. I can't fucking understand why anybody likes that unsubtle piece of fucking shit.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:01 pm

'cause it's quite good to watch without thinking about how you can rail against it for "proper understanding of cinema" respect later on, most likely.
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:44 pm

Lol.

Jammer

http://www.knights-of-curtainia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:48 pm

How is an extremely melo-dramatic and unsubtle film which delivers its message like a 13 year old good to watch? When the little girl was about to be shot in super slow motion with ultra sad music I almost burst out laughing. Cheesy trite.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:55 pm

Maybe it's a comedy and you didn't understand...

Jammer

http://www.knights-of-curtainia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:08 pm

Short Cuts did the whole multiple character stories taking place across one city with some interlinking between the multiple narratives thing a lot better and without the racial sensitivity thrown in for Oscar nods and acclaim, I mean, what kind of asshole bashes a film about how racism is bad, racists themselves obviously!

(Did you see the chick get naked in that? Short Cuts was the wrong name for that movie *Seth Rogen laugh)
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:32 pm

Kaptain Kaviar wrote:good to watch

Does not correlate inversely with

Kaptain Kaviar wrote:melo-dramatic

or
Kaptain Kaviar wrote:unsubtle

My point is that you criticise the film as being just plain bad from the point of view of any reasonable viewer, but the reasons you're citing are those relevant only to someone who's watching for more than just a pretty interesting and exciting movie.
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:10 pm

I haven't seen Crash since I was thirteen and thought it was rad.

It might be shit these days, who knows. If it's as overblown as Iain suggests I'm going to guess it is.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:29 pm

Rebellious Backbencher wrote:
Kaptain Kaviar wrote:good to watch

Does not correlate inversely with

Kaptain Kaviar wrote:melo-dramatic

or
Kaptain Kaviar wrote:unsubtle

My point is that you criticise the film as being just plain bad from the point of view of any reasonable viewer, but the reasons you're citing are those relevant only to someone who's watching for more than just a pretty interesting and exciting movie.

Problem is that it so desperately wants to be a life changing movie with thought provoking dialogue. That kind of pretentious nonsense insults my intelligence and ruins whatever chances the film had of being interesting. I can watch films for entertainment, I do it all the time. But if they're trying to preach a badly hidden and over cooked message then I'm not game.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:38 pm

I like Crash...hmmm
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Rewatched There Will Be Blood today. What a fucking awesome movie. Daniel Day Lewis drinks everyone's god damn milkshake. I reckon Plainview is one of my all time favorite movie characters.

9/10
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by GearsCT Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Well.... Hmmmmm.... Not sure what to make of this film really, it was alright, decent enough but just too weird, thats what I get for seeing a Tim Burton film

6or7/10
GearsCT
GearsCT

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:41 pm

O Lucky Man

What a weird film. McDowell plays McDowell, as captivating as always, but the plot events are so scattershot in plausibility and theme. The first half is pretty much a mess, but it gradually sucks you in and raises some surprisingly deep questions the nearer it draws to the conclusion - becomes far more cohesive and interesting in the latter part. Not sure if the three hour running time was a stroke of genius or an ill-advised blunder. Stripping away even some of the poorer scenes would do the movie as a whole a disservice. Watch it, but don't expect anything - as in, don't go in with any preconceived notions, positive or negative.

3/5
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:24 am

I'm really looking forward to seeing 9 actually. Although it does look a bit weird...
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:32 pm

Das Experiment

4/5
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:41 pm

Just seen the new print of the Godfather (soon to be released on Blu-Ray i believe) at the Showroom Cinema. Filmic experiences dont get much better.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:44 am

The Godfather is a perfectly good 4/5 film, terribly overrated though. Not anywhere near my top 10, that's for sure. 2's better, but still overrated.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:03 pm

Rolling Eyes
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:52 pm

Nosferato - 7

A Christmas Carol - 6

Where Eagles Dare - 8

The Third Man - 8

Role Models - 7

The Hurt Locker - 7
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next