Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

+23
JNub
Septula
JokerJamie
Fisheggz
Ipso-Shrapnel
Raine
Hiding in the bushes with
Jammer
mcgugan
Moozo
NYNE
01casey
bomby
GearsCT
DanglyBrasco
Seany C
Rebellious Backbencher
Dont Look Angry
weeble
gdf
Dingo
Kaptain Kaviar
Black Suede
27 posters

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 6 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:08 pm

Dingo wrote:I'm gonna watch 3:10 to Yuma later, looks like it will good.

It's not.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 6 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by gdf Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:21 pm

I enjoyed it enough. If there's a two-hour Western-shaped hole in your life it's perfectly good.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:23 pm

Good Lord!

They're showing a new print of Once Upon A Time In The West at the Tyneside cine in september. Im literally so excited.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Paul - Salo is based on Sade's book indeed.
01casey
01casey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Yuma is fine if you don't mind filmmakers deserting all kinds of logic during the closing act.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:53 am

Munich

Last film I saw in a cinema, which was back in 2006!

Anyway, it was on TV last night so thought I would watch it again. I think it's a great thriller from Spielberg. I can remember being on the edge of my seat throughout most of the film while in the cinema.

Very dark and depressing.

4/5
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:16 am

Day Watch

Better than the first film, a lot more exciting. Still has a very convoluted plot and the cinematic language certainly feels extremely foreign. But that's half the point, isn't it? Don't touch it without watching Night Watch first though.

7/10
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:47 pm

I enjoyed 3:10 to Yuma. It may be because it is the only western I've watched (I know) but I have The Good, The Bad and The Ugly to watch soon. I thought the end part was awesome, even though it would never happen lol.
Dingo
Dingo

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:41 pm

Kaptain Kaviar wrote:Don't touch it without watching Night Watch first though.
I did, without knowing it. Back in 2007 at Leeds festival they played it in the punk tent about 3 in the morning, so I decided to watch it with an ex-film student (never a good idea, they always want to discuss symbolism)

We'd both never heard of it, so we thought it was some deliberately confusing yet stylish art film heavily influence by The Matrix... or whatever we drunkenly concluded.

We both liked it, but didn't understand a single thing that happened. Then we went home, got reuinted with the internet and discovered it was a sequel. I haven't watched Night Watch though, I should probably watch it and then watch the sequel again so it would make more sense.
Raine
Raine

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:29 pm

Raine, read the novels. Best Sci-Fi in years.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:28 pm

Reading, eh? I haven't read a novel since I finished my English GCSE, but what the hell, I've got a lot of free time lately...

Filmwise, I'm going to watch The Producers. Once it's over, I'm going to remain isolated in my room until all traces of Excess Gay have left my system.
Raine
Raine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:16 pm

Dingo wrote:I enjoyed 3:10 to Yuma. It may be because it is the only western I've watched (I know) but I have The Good, The Bad and The Ugly to watch soon. I thought the end part was awesome, even though it would never happen lol.

Shame on you. You really need to watch the likes of The Wild Bunch, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Unforgiven, For A Few Dollars More and The Magnificent Seven as well.

I remember watching Yuma with a couple of friends and we all roared with laughter during the final act. So ridiculous that only Hollywood could have thought it up.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:21 pm

Kaptain Kaviar wrote:The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
It's good, but surely not amongst the best westerns of all time?
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:28 pm

Not at all, it's a 7/10 film in my opinion, but it's worth checking out for being very different from the majority of american and spaghetti westerns.

Better than a 4/10 film like Yuma.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:00 am

When I get more money I'll but Unforgiven and For A Few Dollars More then. I might try and watch The Good, The Bad and The Ugly today but it's a little long.

I'm going to dislike Yuma soon aren't I?
Dingo
Dingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:57 pm

The Assissination of Jesse James is 5/5 stuff. Try watching it a second time.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:40 pm

Amadeus

God, what a drag. Long and pretty, but hardly the most involving. Maybe it's one of those you actually have to appreciate classical music and opera as well as Mozart to fully enjoy, but I was hoping for a film that wouldn't make me check my watch all the time. There's no doubt that the acting, costumes and music is all top class, but the film is sadly not the sum of its parts in my opinion.

6/10
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:54 pm

Oh, i LOVE Amadeus, the whole theatricality and melodrama of it all! I think its fantastic Smile

And im with Seany, i think Jesse James is 5/5 stuff, and i do rank it among the best westerns i've seen.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:03 pm

I wasn't entirely blown away by it. I guess I just prefer the spaghetti ones. For A Few Dollars More followed by Unforgiven is sublime.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:41 pm

The Bicycle Thieves

5/5
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:48 pm

Inglorious Basterds

4/5
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:52 pm

For God's sake man, elaborate!
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:57 pm

It was a very polished and enjoyable turn-your-brain-off action flick for the most part. Vulgar and violent, but it all adds to the... ridiculousness of the whole. My less artistically critical friend called it "the best film I've seen in years", but this is obviously bullshit for most. Great film, but chronically lacking in the more subtle and clever elements of most of Tarantino's other stuff.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:57 am

Saving Private Ryan

Despite hating it since I was a younger (some of the violence traumatized me when I saw it first time round) I decided to give it another go. And I'm glad I did.

Because if you remove the cheesy current day beginning and ending scenes, what you're left with is a stunning and visceral painting of armed conflict. Spielberg, a master of composition, knows exactly what he's doing running about with handheld cameras. The multitude of talented actors is abundant, and Hanks delivers the goods as always. And wow, if this isn't a reason alone to invest in a 5.1 system! Bullets and explosions fly all over the place, screams and rumblings tanks echo around the speakers. Exhilarating!

The only fault I can find with it is the slight abundance of Spielberg cheese, but that doesn't detract much from this glorious epic.

9/10
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:34 am

gdf wrote:It was a very polished and enjoyable turn-your-brain-off action flick for the most part. Vulgar and violent, but it all adds to the... ridiculousness of the whole. My less artistically critical friend called it "the best film I've seen in years", but this is obviously bullshit for most. Great film, but chronically lacking in the more subtle and clever elements of most of Tarantino's other stuff.

Gonna need to go and see this soon Big smile
Dingo
Dingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next