Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is everybody well?

+8
Dont Look Angry
weeble
GearsCT
bomby
Kaptain Kaviar
Seany C
Moozo
DanglyBrasco
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is everybody well? Empty Is everybody well?

Post by DanglyBrasco Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi Interhoodies, hows everyone doing?
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Is everybody well? Empty Re: Is everybody well?

Post by Moozo Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:10 am

Hi Dangly. Not too bad. You been up to much?
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:24 pm

:tumbleweed:
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:35 pm

COme on, we can do better than this. Reply, everyone!
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:33 pm

I have to admit it's pretty sweet how, despite no-one having really posted anything for a year or two, we still frequent this forum from time to time.

It's nice knowing that even though the good old days where we almost spent more time on the forum than we did actually playing games and living life, there's still plenty of evidence to support their existence.

How am I? I guess I can't complain. I have 4 months left of my military service and I'm still enjoying it. My day to day tasks are varied and I'm currently manning the main base of operations of the King's Guard together with a Major (He's not mad, sadly). Other than that I've become pretty good with a rifle, my close combat skills aren't too shabby and I'm well rehearsed in the ways of the Royal Guard.

The only sad aspect is that I haven't been able to work on any film projects since I joined up, and am currently occupied enough with getting into a film school for the autumn. If that doesn't go well I'm going to do a one year course in film history, to help broaden my understanding of the theoretical aspects of the subject. I'm still very much focused when it comes to my career.

Gaming is still a central part of my life, and I do get time to play the odd new title. Most of the time Smash Brothers Brawl is the main attraction, and many hours are spent competing in 4-player with the other privates. When I'm on my own I play mostly Fallout: New Vegas, and I'm looking very much forward to Dragon Age 2, which I have pre-ordered.

I hope others will also take the time to give a status update on their current life situation. I know I ahve quite a few of you on Facebook, but it's a shallow representation at best. There's nothing like the comforting green glow of the Interhood and a nice, friendly yellow smiley. Smile
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:26 pm

I gotta say, I've always digged the green and that banner Ipso made has definitely maintained its charm.
Remember when this place started out, and the brief resurrection of Interhood 2.0? Ah, good times. And let us not forget the fun we had at X360 too, we were a pretty strong community for a forum of 30 regulars and slowly that number dwindled and faded as time drew on. This place sort of feels like a never-ending reunion at this point lol

I've been well, still working in London, got myself a new gaming rig recently as you can see in the screenshot thread. Apart from that I kinda feel like I'm stuck in groundhog day atm. I decided about a year ago that film isn't my passion, it's storytelling and my biggest desire is to make that game idea I made a thread about come to life, I also have an idea for a graphic novel and of course a few film ideas in my head. Now I need to decide which direction I want to go in and how I'm going to do it and get out of this 9-5 office drone rut. Not depressed or anything, just a bit restless to start doing a job I'm interested in. Tick tock tick tock, life's ticking away.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:21 am

I'm glad to hear you've discovered your passion, even though you're stuck doing something that keeps you from truly realizing it - at least you've got a secure income! I'm looking at many years studying to become a filmmaker without a single penny guaranteed. Gotta admit it keeps the blood flowing though. The knowledge that despite the fact I'm living in one of the richest countries around I could quickly end up living like a hobo if I don't fight hard enough.

I really believe you have a talent for storytelling, and that's coming off the few things I've seen you do on here. I'd absolutely love to see more work from you, especially in the way of film scripts! I'm sure you've looked into it, but if you're short of a good script formatting program you should check out Celtx. I use it exclusively and could give you some tips if you ever decided to try it out.

While you feel your life is ticking away, I keep waking up and realizing every day just how young I am. Life doesn't end at 30. Nor does it end at 40.

A never-ending reunion, an apt metaphor for this place. Has it been two years of nostalgic moping? Maybe even longer? I hope there will continue to be a death rattle oozing out of this place for a long time yet!
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:14 am

I can't complain, currently doing my first dip in media, hoping to go a full time film production course in september, just finished doing a 72 hour film project, where i was given the title "sarcastic teacher is attacked by aliens"
to work on (turned out pretty good)

Struggling for money, as being in college makes everyone unwilling to hire me, as i am unflexible, along with EMA and ALG set to be scrapped.

If i can get a job in the summer, and keep it part time, i will be good.

bomby

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:12 pm

You lot better hope the film industry doesn't collapse lol
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:16 pm

That's impossible.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Is it?

bomby

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:51 pm

There will always be a desire for people to watch films, to experience stories in one way or another.

As long as there is a market there will be a an industry, regardless of scale.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by GearsCT Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:04 am

Hey there peoples.
I am doing well, currently in my first year of Uni, studying at Keele University doing History and Law, Dual Honours. The history is interesting, the law not so much at the moment, but then again Administrative Law was never going to be interesting.

Found a new passion as a sense of I love paintballing, not just the every day paintballers who go to sites, like the sup-air kinds for tournaments, currently own my own trousers, top and mask, thinking of getting my own marker as well.

Music has also taken a large chunk of my time at the moment, at the moment just going to gigs and experiencing it that way, but in the Autumn I'm going to be getting my own drum kit after learning off someone else's. I seem to really have a rhythm for it. Also I've started to write for the Sonisphere Festival website, writing some of the band biographies and I've ended up being the unofficial team leader of the writing team.

I wouldn't really call this a never ending reunion more of when you recognise someone in the street and stop to talk to them for a few mins to catch up.
GearsCT
GearsCT

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:02 am

I'm so boring compared to everyone else. Hopefully that'll change over the next year.
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by weeble Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:56 am

I am almost ready to return to work according to the Doctors.

The problem is, what work?

Moving again soon....Maybe gone for good from the forums/Live...

I might even miss you chaps a little cyclops
weeble
weeble

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Heyy, i never thought there'd be so many responses on this. This is nice.

Weeble, it is a joy, and a pleasure to see your cheeky butt plug avatar again. And like, work, bah, fuck tha economy.

And its so good that everyone seems to be finding that "thing" or at least really cracking on. Cracking.

Im second year of Film Studies in sheffield, and man its so good. Theoretical approaches, and laughing at pretentious wankers who assume Godard is gods greatest gift is always there for a lol. But yeah, its "all good in tha hood".

And no, the film industry wont ever collapse, the state of the british industry may well falter abit (possibly quite alot) though, and wasnt the Social Network ROBBED! ROBBED!

Much love my homies xx
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Look Angry Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:39 pm

Hola me amigos, I too fall into the broke, student category but at Newcastle University studying Civil Engineering. It's not what I really want to do but then again i suppose I need a job when I come out the other end. Plannig to go down under for a few years after the course to find a decent job.

Good thing about uni is that I have had alot of spare time on my hands to do what I want. Been enjoying my acoustic guitar recently writing a few songs here and there ( a la the worlds worst damien rice) but its been interesting. Also catching up on Movies i've never watch like The Godfather trilogy, the matrix trilogy and one or two others. Yes, I had never seen the matrix before. But alls well, going home on st patricks day to run the student streets drunk such be good craic as usual.
Dont Look Angry
Dont Look Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:40 pm

I don't know, will the film industry support the weight of all these budding movie makers?

Of course it won't collapse. I was just having a larf. Smile
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:23 am

Hi all Smile

Things are good thanks, good to see you all doing well and things. I'm coming towards the end of my first year at Birmingham Uni, really enjoying it so far, for the many obvious reasons. Busy few weeks to go though, really looking forward to summer... got a bit of work experience in London with my cousin lined up who is a screenwriter/director, so should be a great experience for sure!

Keep in touch, www.facebook.com/putman1991 if you don't already have me
01casey
01casey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:39 am

A'ight?
It goes well. I'm at Glasgow Uni, studying politics, sociology and philosophy. I'm quite enjoying myself; I find philosophy interesting as hell, but worryingly, I'm doing very badly at it in terms of grades. My experience of first term was confusing and quite unhappy, but it's all becoming clear now.
Although I'm surviving on handouts from my sugar daddy, the British taxpayer, I'm actually the wealthiest I've been in my life. Provided I find me a summer job, I'll be able to finance a pretty kickass summer. I'm off to T in the Park again (if anyone else is, feel free to let me know and we'll hang the shit out) and hopefully London with a couple of friends.
I don't play games anymore. My Xbox broke some time ago and I haven't got it fixed, instead opting to invest in beer when my time is my own. Actually, that's not strictly true - I completed Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars yesterday. Was ace.
I also write raps when I've got time to kill, on public transport etc. It's like a crossword, or sudoku, the way you have to fit a certain amount of syllables in a line in a way that makes sense and rhymes with what comes before or after. I doubt I'll attempt to ever make money from it or anything, but it amuses friends and breaks ice at social gatherings.
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:24 am

Promoted to Corporal today - good times! Should probably change my name to Crazy Corporal now.. Tongue out
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:22 pm

If Major becomes a Major, the universe implodes.
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:04 am

Lisping lieutenant
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:11 am

Loopy lieutenant, surely?
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Look Angry Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:49 am

Lopsided Lieutenant?
Dont Look Angry
Dont Look Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum