Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

5 posters

Go down

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West  Empty Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Post by Black Suede Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:48 am

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West  Enslaved-Odyssey-to-the-West-Preview

Developer: Ninja Theory
Publisher: Namco Bandai Games
Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Release Date: 8th of October 2010

Play the demo NOW!
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West  Empty Re: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Post by Dingo Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:19 pm

I really like the look of this and I loved Heavenly Sword. I don't have any space on my PS3 though so I'm gonna wait for the demo to come to 360 Smile
Dingo
Dingo

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindkiller Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Black Suede wrote:

Play the demo NOW!
No. These are the same assholes who turned Dante into a raging faggot.
Mindkiller
Mindkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:24 pm

Mindkiller wrote:No. These are the same assholes who turned Dante into a raging faggot.

I would hardly go that far to call him that, the trailer didn't show us too much about him, but he does look very different, I'll reserve judgement. It's not like Capcom did a particular good job with DMC4.

Dingo wrote:I really like the look of this and I loved Heavenly Sword. I don't have any space on my PS3 though so I'm gonna wait for the demo to come to 360

Delete whatever piece of shit is taking up your space and download this game. It's not a very long demo, but it's looking good so far. Awesome graphics, interesting characters, brilliant voice-acting (it's amazing how far voice-acting goes when it's done right) Think of it as a mix between Heavenly Sword and Uncharted, with a touch of Jak & Daxter, if that makes sense.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:42 pm

I would but when the PS3 is getting played it's by my brother who will be playing MW2 online Sad I might try and get it downloaded next time he's out though Smile
Dingo
Dingo

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Can't wait to give this a go. Andy Serkis did a great job directing Heavenly Sword's story. Enjoyed that more than GOW 3!
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:35 am

OK, peeps, the reviews are coming in now. It's been pretty good stuff so far, about what I expected. It's got an 8 from Edge, and they said:

"It’s worth the trip, though, because for the most part Enslaved takes the cinematic flair and production values Ninja Theory showcased in Heavenly Sword and applies them to an experience no more inventive, but certainly better executed and paced. But Enslaved’s greatest achievement is standing out in the crowded field of me- too, colour-sapped videogame apocalypses, serving as a vibrant oasis in the otherwise murky brown wastes."

I gathered that it has a great story, characters, and voice-acting, but the gameplay takes a back seat, suffers from auto-pilot, but this is what I expected.

So I guess if your looking for a cinematic extravaganza of a game, look nowhere else but Enslaved: Oddysey to the West this Autumn.

Also, I played the 360 demo as well, just to compare, and I noticed that the 360 doesn't have much screen tear, while the PS3 is riddled with it. The 360 version also has motion blur. The reviews comfirm this too, so go with the 360 version if you care about this stuff.

It's £32.99 on Gameplay with free courier delivery.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:42 pm

Finished this yesterday, and I'm surprised by the majority of reviews. It's one of the most linear games I've played, with some very medicore gameplay - you literally are just following the on-screen instructions all the way through. Also, it's quite short and the ending is pretty abrupt.

I know I said I expected this, but the game just wasn't that fun really.

Although, the characters are decent (especially Pigsy), and it provides an interesting setting. I also liked the Cloud, pretty fun to use.

I did enjoy it at some points, mainly the last few chapters, but I would wait for the price to drop, or give it a rent instead.

[6]
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:07 pm

Does the story make it worth it? Might buy when cheap.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Kaptain Kaviar wrote:Does the story make it worth it? Might buy when cheap.

I dunno, like I said, it just ends, and I was left thinking: "So, what do they do now?!!!". Honestly, it didn't make many things clear, like who or what exactly was going on or who was in charge, or maybe I'm just thick. I did find it pretty cool when they find the certain thing they're after, don't want to spoil it though.

It does feel like you've been on adventure. There are only 3 characters in total, but the interaction with Pigsy is quite funny. It's just a shame that fighting robots through the whole game couldn't have been more fun, you do the same moves through the whole game, you just basically get slight upgrades, but no new combos. Saying that, I did find myself enjoying it at times.

But really, it's just the linearity of it all, it's just so confined, follow the path, want to find some secrets? Then take the left path instead of the right.

Last edited by Black Suede on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:34 pm

Yeah Heavenly Sword was good for a tenner, but I imagine it'd be disappointing for 39.99
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:41 pm

Seany C wrote:Yeah Heavenly Sword was good for a tenner, but I imagine it'd be disappointing for 39.99

I got it for £32.99. Get in!

But yeah, Heavenly Sword I was far more impressed with, even though it's 3 years older than Enslaved, it's still technically a better game. There are some cool moments in Enslaved where you get that uncanny valley facial animation, life like reactions, etc. but nowhere near as impressive as Heavenly Sword is.
Black Suede
Black Suede

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum