Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Space Station 13

Go down

Space Station 13 Empty Space Station 13

Post by Seany C Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:53 pm

What is it?
Well, imagine Dwarf Fortress, but on a space ship. Oh, and every dwarf is controlled by another player. Welcome to SS13...

Space Station 13 Ss13postcard

Get it here.

And you'll be needing this Wiki too most likely.

Some of the better game modes...

Traitor/multitraitor (Note this isn't one of the best, but most common modes) has one/multiple crew member attempting to carry out an assigned objective such as assassinate the captain, steal intel etc. The crew must identify and neutralise the traitor(s).

Changeling sees one character given The Thing like abilities to absorb and imitate other life forms on the ship. Objective is usually to absorb a certain amount of crew members and be on the escape shuttle.

Revolution has a selection of crew assigned as revolutionaries. Revolutionaries can see other revolutionaries marked with an R, standard crew have to guess who the revolutionaries are. Last faction left standing wins.

Alien is a rare but amazing mode where an initial smattering of Aliens are introduced to the station and someone is assigned as the Alien Queen. Crew must wipe out all the Aliens to succeed but if attacked by a facehugger an Alien will burst out your chest at some point. You now will be controlling an Alien larva until it evolves into a fully grown Alien, then it's time to kill some crew members. When playing as an Alien avoid airlocks like the plague.

Jobs:
There are way too many jobs to bore you with listing but you have plenty of variety, you can be a janitor and simply clear up blood stains and vomit, you can be a space attorney, you can be a botanist and grow space weed, you can be a security guard and abuse your authority, you can be the captain, an engineer, a scientist, a mailman, a chef, a barman, the ships on board AI etc etc etc. Chances are there'll be a good few roles that will appeal to you whoever you are.

I'll finish off with my most memorable experience thus far (and I still barely know what I'm doing):

I got assigned the role of Head of Security. I told my lackeys to patrol and went looking for crime myself. Later I came by the security station again, there was an assistant inside raiding our lockers, he found a tazer and taszed fellow security officer Amir.
Upon seeing this I set my baton to stun and took that bitch down. I cuffed him, woke up Amir and we hauled his ass to the brig. We chucked him in the cells and stripped him naked including his radio (meaning he can only communicate with people in his vicinity) retrained him in his bed and beat him up. I even took the light bulb from his cell and threw it away so he'd be left with a pitch black screen. Amir kept watch while I explored.
Amir radio'd me some time later saying he had escaped due to the incompetence of another SO and was running cuffed and naked through the facility. He said he was heading towards the canteen. I grabbed a nearby toolbox and headed for the canteen, I left my regard for the law behind. Upon seeing him I chased him into a corner and began pulverising him with the toolbox. Pretty soon he was there dead in a pool of blood, the same blood that I and my toolbox were covered in. Officer Beepsky the NPC patrol bot had seen me and charged at me.
I tried to hit him with my baton but his metal exterior shrugged it off and he stunned me to the ground. I thought that was it for me, game over. Just then Amir charged up to Beepsky and smashed him apart with the toolbox and brought me to my feet. We walked away from the scene of the crime and blamed it on traitors. Walking by the canteen later it would appear someone playing as the clown had taken a dump on Beepsky's remains.

Beginner advice:
Play as the assistant first and ask people if they need help.

Keep this map open in a tab at all times

To talk type "say wordsgohere", to talk on your radio type "say ;wordsgohere"
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Space Station 13 Empty Re: Space Station 13

Post by Seany C Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:40 am

Spawned this round as a mailman.

Begun my adventure by sending abusive messages to random areas of the station using the mail chutes.
Space Station 13 9k40pe

Went to the bar to wet my whistle but just as I was about to make my order a detective held us up at gunpoint.
Space Station 13 2utkj87

As soon as he shot the barman I grabbed the vodka (that was imperative) and ran away, when I stopped running I found myself at the chapel.
I thought I'd hide in the misplaced locker and drink until the trauma turned to numbness.
Space Station 13 280i3q8

It was not long until it became clear. There was a revolution taking place. Two revolutionaries explored the chapel. Perhaps I could of hid longer had my drunken state not caused me to fart, alerting them to my presence. It didn't take them long to find me, I'm ashamed to say I surrendered on the spot and joined their revolution.
I stumbled to the med bay to see if they could sober me up, they laughed at me and dragged my drunk ass to genetics. One of those evil fucks decided to inject me with some sort of monkey virus and soon I was a babbling chimp.
Space Station 13 Suvxhj

Although he had turned me into a lesser species I was now sober, sober and angered. I lunged at one of his test subjects, Gordon Freeman. I began to bite and claw at him, his bare skin now adorned with open wounds, but he appeared to have super strength and knocked me down with one punch and started throwing me against walls and hitting my limp body. I lay there, dying...
Space Station 13 K2bp0k

Revolutionaries stormed genetics some time later and the evil scientist and Gordon Freeman ran away, leaving my battered chimp carcass to rot. Many moments passed until I saw a familiar face. Gordon Freeman was now part of the revolution. He put me in the machine and turned me back in to my human self unfortunately the radiation from this process killed me, luckily there was a cloning machine nearby and Gordon knew how to use it.
Space Station 13 Xnd7nl

The new me emerged fresh and full of vitality. I put on a lab coat to protect my modesty, grabbed a weighty toolbox to smite my enemies and stepped foot outside the lab.
Then some c*nt in a mulebot ran me over.
Space Station 13 Es6sd0
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:41 am

Kinda sucks how this forum cuts off large images.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:56 am

Once again, Negromancer found himself at the bar. Once again he got drunk and started making an ass of himself, even revealing intimate secrets through his slurred words.
Space Station 13 34q1eed

The barman felt the man's pain and gave him a bottle from the special batch. Suddenly, Negro's vision began flashing all the colours of the rainbow and he felt what could only be described as 'giggly' with a rapidly expanding confidence.
Space Station 13 308k5mh

Negro's temporary confidence and alcohol skewed judgement could only end in a raging disaster though...
Space Station 13 6tnte9

Negro's fellow security officer Vladimir came to the bar for a quick one. He made a condescending comment towards Negro's inebriated state. "Call yourself an officer" said he. Negro took this the wrong way and challenged his colleague to a fight.
Space Station 13 25hjrt3

Vladimir squared up to him and Negro slugged him in the jaw. Vlad retaliated with a prod of his stun baton and proceeded to cuff Negro and drag him towards the brig. Negro was angry at first swearing a blind rage and demanding a fair fist fight. Anger turned to depression and Negro reflected on his life, the drinking, the abuse he suffered, the abuse he caused. Devoid of purpose he asked sincerely of Vlad to end his life. Vlad looked at him and simply said "no". He walked off most likely out of overwhelming pity and left the cuffed Negro to pick himself up. The suicidal Negro wandered in to the nearby chapel and requested that his body be launched in to space, Spock style. A sympathetic stranger agreed and loaded him in to the coffin launcher, still breathing.
Space Station 13 8yi06r

And thus Negromancer's body was ejected into the cosmos like a turd from the bowels of the ship, his remains left to float among an endless expanse almost as empty as his soul.
Space Station 13 K24k8
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:02 am

A geneticist asked for a test subject, I obliged.

Space Station 13 107rhpw

Initially I came out as a white woman called Paris Killsalot. He put me back in but then I devloped tourettes and my character started involuntarily saying "FUCK" "SHIT" "PISS" "CUNT" etc. Shortly afterwards a twitch developed which quickly turned in to a seizure.

Unfortunately shortly after this I went completely blind.
Space Station 13 20papo5

I have no idea what's going on, the doc called for help, I heard gunshots and no one is responding. I fear I'm nearly done for.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:09 am

I died but someone cloned my body. The doc had transformed me in to some sort of fat diapered dude with pink hair like a clown.
Space Station 13 4u6p9w

I had temporary bursts of vision, couldn't move two steps without convulsing on the floor and my tourettes was in full force.
I saw the doc and I felt relieved but he dragged my twitching body across the medical bay and dumped me on the garbage disposal conveyer with about 6 other bodies. Were these his other experiments? Did he tell them they'd be fine too? I may never know, I died right there and then. It didn't say so in game, but I know he died from a broken heart. Sad
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down