Interhood Blog?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by gdf on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:37 pm

Very impressive, Dingo! Where were you hiding all of this lol

Reading through your reviews there are a few niggles I noticed, so I hope you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism: firstly, you have a tendency to get bogged down in description. It's an assessment, you know, so there's no point labouring over the exact intricacies of game mechanics and only passing critical comment towards the end of the paragraph. The other minor issue, and it's likely a knock on effect of the first, is that you continually repeat certain nouns and verbs. For instance, when outlining BioShock's tonics, the word cropped up six or seven times in the paragraph.

Otherwise, great stuff man. Keep at it, you can only improve. I'd recommend having a bash at joining Thunderbolt if you're game for that, it's an awesome website to work on and your stuff gets counted on Metacritic. Oh, and you said you wanted to "lower scores" or something. Go for it, don't be afraid to tear into stuff because other people say it's good.
avatar
gdf

Join date : 2008-08-26
Age : 26
Location : Aberdeen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by Rebellious Backbencher on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:48 pm

Dingo wrote:It's fine mate, all feedback is appreciated.

This suggests to me that I haven't put across what I was trying to say well: I was just saying you had kept your talents quiet, but the phrase I used was cliched and ridiculously awful.
avatar
Rebellious Backbencher

Join date : 2008-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by bomby on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:52 pm

you know what paddy



:boris:

but Heart u

bomby

Join date : 2008-12-19
Age : 26
Location : house

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by Moozo on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Only messin'

xxxx
avatar
Moozo

Join date : 2008-08-27
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by Dingo on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:26 pm

gdf wrote:Very impressive, Dingo! Where were you hiding all of this lol

Reading through your reviews there are a few niggles I noticed, so I hope you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism: firstly, you have a tendency to get bogged down in description. It's an assessment, you know, so there's no point labouring over the exact intricacies of game mechanics and only passing critical comment towards the end of the paragraph. The other minor issue, and it's likely a knock on effect of the first, is that you continually repeat certain nouns and verbs. For instance, when outlining BioShock's tonics, the word cropped up six or seven times in the paragraph.

Otherwise, great stuff man. Keep at it, you can only improve. I'd recommend having a bash at joining Thunderbolt if you're game for that, it's an awesome website to work on and your stuff gets counted on Metacritic. Oh, and you said you wanted to "lower scores" or something. Go for it, don't be afraid to tear into stuff because other people say it's good.

Thanks mate, I'll try and keep that in mind. I felt like I had said tonic to much tbh but I was proof reading it quite late so I couldn't be bothered to change it lol I've only been on Thunderbolt once and that was to read your stuff lol, so I don't really know how it works, care to explain?

This suggests to me that I haven't put across what I was trying to say well: I was just saying you had kept your talents quiet, but the phrase I used was cliched and ridiculously awful.

I didn't know what bashel meant lol so I Googled it and got the idea the it meant informal. Thanks though mate Smile
avatar
Dingo

Join date : 2008-09-02
Age : 24
Location : Scotland

View user profile http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by Dingo on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:15 pm

I was just on thunderbolt and I checked out the forums. Well a bunch of guys from here post there but also a bunch of guys who used to post at a different forum I went to lol, I wasn't expecting that lol.

Edit: This is getting scary, I know half the people there lol!
avatar
Dingo

Join date : 2008-09-02
Age : 24
Location : Scotland

View user profile http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by gdf on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:51 pm

http://thunderboltgames.com/about/

All you have to do is send an email to Phil with some examples. He might take a wee while to get back to you because he's on one of his insane trips that last months and he could be hunting yak in the fucking Alaskan outback for all I know.

Oh wow, that's weird. PS.com yeah?

You'll fit right in Smile
avatar
gdf

Join date : 2008-08-26
Age : 26
Location : Aberdeen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by Dingo on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:27 pm

Right I'll pick some stuff out to send. lol Hunting yak could be fun.

Yeah PS.com though I posted under the name SGTDANIEL (I fucking hate that name though, I was small when I used it and lacked name creativity) so the only person from PS.com that will recognise me is Kung. It was good to see WASP there, he was always cool Big smile

Hopefully Smile Gonna try and sort it out in a bit.

But you think I'll be accepted in?
avatar
Dingo

Join date : 2008-09-02
Age : 24
Location : Scotland

View user profile http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by gdf on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:59 pm

Should be, Phil's a really nice guy and from what I've seen he'll take as many enthusiastic people as possible, doesn't matter if you're the finished article (which none of us on the site are).

I think you'll like it. There's never any pressure to have articles done quickly and you sometimes get sent free games Smile

Oh, and it turns out he's in Bolivia now, by the way!

Good luck!
avatar
gdf

Join date : 2008-08-26
Age : 26
Location : Aberdeen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by Dingo on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:52 am

It sounds good to me, I've just sent an email so hopefully the reply will bring good news.

Regardless of whether I am accepted or not, I'm still up for contributing to the Interhood blog Big smile
avatar
Dingo

Join date : 2008-09-02
Age : 24
Location : Scotland

View user profile http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by DanglyBrasco on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:58 am

Good luck getting on Dingo, sure you will Smile

And for th einterhood thing, i started writing something, il sort it when im finished :
avatar
DanglyBrasco

Join date : 2008-08-26
Age : 27
Location : Angleland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by bomby on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:18 pm

so whats to on this blog, just gaming stuff, or can we go for a slight twitter thing?

bomby

Join date : 2008-12-19
Age : 26
Location : house

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by gdf on Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:58 pm

I might drop a PS3 review of Arkham Asylum, that's already taken over at Thunderbolt.

Perhaps Star Wars: The Force Unleashed as well.

I think we should write about whatever we want.
avatar
gdf

Join date : 2008-08-26
Age : 26
Location : Aberdeen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by Moozo on Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:01 pm

Agreed. Just type and see what you end up with. Within reason.
avatar
Moozo

Join date : 2008-08-27
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by Septula on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:04 pm

whats the character/word limit?
avatar
Septula

Join date : 2009-08-12
Age : 32
Location : Lingfield, U.K

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by gdf on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Don't think there should be one, though I've never written an article longer than about 2000 words.
avatar
gdf

Join date : 2008-08-26
Age : 26
Location : Aberdeen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by Septula on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:29 pm

2000 is like a novel to me Wink im a third year college dropout, couldnt even get to uni Wink

[EDIT] this jst me or did that sound american? ... from a scouser oh dear
avatar
Septula

Join date : 2009-08-12
Age : 32
Location : Lingfield, U.K

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by Dingo on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:48 pm

I just finished an article and it was 1,870 words. It was about how 2010 will be the year of the hack and slash, now time for proff reading Big smile
avatar
Dingo

Join date : 2008-09-02
Age : 24
Location : Scotland

View user profile http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by Septula on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:55 pm

Dingo wrote:I just finished an article and it was 1,870 words. It was about how 2010 will be the year of the hack and slash, now time for proff reading Big smile

oh some people are so smug Wink Smile
avatar
Septula

Join date : 2009-08-12
Age : 32
Location : Lingfield, U.K

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by bomby on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:58 pm

i might start writing up a review on mothership zeta, since i was probably the only one here who probably downloaded it. Rolling Eyes

bomby

Join date : 2008-12-19
Age : 26
Location : house

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by Dingo on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:03 pm

Septula wrote:
Dingo wrote:I just finished an article and it was 1,870 words. It was about how 2010 will be the year of the hack and slash, now time for proff reading Big smile

oh some people are so smug Wink Smile

lol My biggest article was 4,655 words but I don't want to talk about that lol.
avatar
Dingo

Join date : 2008-09-02
Age : 24
Location : Scotland

View user profile http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by Septula on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Dingo wrote:
Septula wrote:
Dingo wrote:I just finished an article and it was 1,870 words. It was about how 2010 will be the year of the hack and slash, now time for proff reading Big smile

oh some people are so smug Wink Smile

lol My biggest article was 4,655 words but I don't want to talk about that lol.

yes you really dont :evil eyes: lol Wink

[EDIT] ok i have an idea for an article, need to flesh it out though, finish early tomorrow so might give it a go then, ages since i've written anything
avatar
Septula

Join date : 2009-08-12
Age : 32
Location : Lingfield, U.K

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by Dingo on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Look forward to finding out what it is then Smile
avatar
Dingo

Join date : 2008-09-02
Age : 24
Location : Scotland

View user profile http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by bomby on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:16 pm

argh this hard Mad

bomby

Join date : 2008-12-19
Age : 26
Location : house

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by token new zealander on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:13 am

bomby wrote:i might start writing up a review on mothership zeta, since i was probably the only one here who probably downloaded it. Rolling Eyes
I downloaded it, was shite Crying

token new zealander

Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interhood Blog?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum