Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Intellectual Film Discussion Thread.

+7
Dingo
Kaptain Kaviar
01casey
gdf
Seany C
mcgugan
DanglyBrasco
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Intellectual Film Discussion Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Intellectual Film Discussion Thread.

Post by token new zealander Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:49 pm

I can't watch it, due to the age rating it has here. I read a review for District 9, gave it 3/5 so don't expect anything amazing.

token new zealander

Back to top Go down

The Intellectual Film Discussion Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Intellectual Film Discussion Thread.

Post by DanglyBrasco Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:10 pm

Good Lord hello!

Ive read a few lukewarmly postive reviews here too, but it certainly looks as though its going to open up some discussion. It looks amazing for a 30 Million dollar flick too.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by GearsCT Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:21 pm

Im up for having some discussion, whether or not it'll be intellectual is another matter
GearsCT
GearsCT

Back to top Go down

Post by token new zealander Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:23 pm

DanglyBrasco wrote:Good Lord hello!

Ive read a few lukewarmly postive reviews here too, but it certainly looks as though its going to open up some discussion. It looks amazing for a 30 Million dollar flick too.
I'm not new, I was Rouge Spectre on X360 :borrisbc:

token new zealander

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:03 pm

I knowww! I was simply exclaiming Hello Smile

Im glad you're here.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:55 pm

Another day, when I rediscover my motivation, I shall join in these debates like old times.
01casey
01casey

Back to top Go down

Post by token new zealander Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:26 am

DanglyBrasco wrote:I knowww! I was simply exclaiming Hello Smile

Im glad you're here.
Smile

token new zealander

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:01 am

token new zealander wrote:

I'm not new, I was Rouge Spectre on X360 :borrisbc:

Ahaaaa. I was wondering who you were Smile We're talking about District 9? They've advertised it very well but in very subtle way in my local cinema...
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by token new zealander Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:51 pm

Moneys need not make a good film. Basketball

token new zealander

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:15 pm

I didnt mean like that, i mean it "Looks" amazing, the space ships, aliens, weapons etc, for a 30 million dollar flick, its impressive, the director seems to have talent, thus making me more interested. Smile
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:00 pm

Speaking of which, my Film Studies intention this year is:

"In my coursework, I intend to investigate the representations of sexuality and the abuse of power in Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom, and how these ideas of sadism and degradation link to themes of transgressive art."

Excited to get going for A2!
01casey
01casey

Back to top Go down

Post by mcgugan Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:45 am

Fuck, casey, I can already tell your grade is going to be better than mine. All I managed was an in depth study of the first 15 minutes of Brick and a presentation of Clint Eastwood.
I feel bad.
mcgugan
mcgugan

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:44 am

Brick is incredible.

Not a bad choice for the film club actually.

And casey, that sounds immensely complicated. Interesting, nonetheless...
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Yeah dude, its A2 level..thats dissertation stuff, you make it too complicated, the teacher will find it difficult to score you. Hell, i did the varying representations in Batman and got almost full marks, you can do ANYTHING, no matter how simple and still get an A. Like, you dont need to show off... Tongue out
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:53 pm

I have the benefit of a highly talented film tutor who is intrigued by the subject matter himself, and therefore has given me a lot of reference material in order to help me get achieve a grade I want.

Hell, even if I get a low C this year, I still get an A. Not boasting but I really was THAT good last year... Tongue out
01casey
01casey

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:55 pm

"Now, i dont like to boast. Oh, hang on! Wait, yeah thats right! I LOVE to boast..." Tongue out

Nah, i know you will do great man, but seriously try not to overcomplicate things, and do try and remember thats its only an A-level Smile
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:57 pm

Oh I will, cheers for the advice. The link to transgressive cinema will only be denotative so chances are that'll be dropped from the title, however the other themes are prominent throughout Salo so it should be fairly alright to achieve a good grade if I keep my head down!

As for boasting, gotta love it huh? Tongue out
01casey
01casey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2