Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vote for the next forum member of staff

+6
Kaptain Kaviar
Seany C
GearsCT
mcgugan
Ipso-Shrapnel
Moozo
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What job should Alex take on here?

Vote for the next forum member of staff - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Vote for the next forum member of staff - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Vote for the next forum member of staff - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Vote for the next forum member of staff - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Vote for the next forum member of staff - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%Vote for the next forum member of staff - Page 2 Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 8

Vote for the next forum member of staff - Page 2 Empty Re: Vote for the next forum member of staff

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:07 am

gdf wrote:
Alex wrote:
gdf wrote:Though Alex is clearly a troll very much aware of the internet and of a different level to most, I find his humour rather trite. Self awareness is not necessarily the strength of most Sigvatr-obsessed self-fellators.
At last, someone with brains. Not so sure about the Eric obsession bit tho? That a troll?
In some capacity, yes. It can't be denied that a lot of his fans, though, would sooner bum him than attend a Dr Paul Joseph Goebbels memorial party.
I'm still on good terms with eric and used to work on his forums. As much as I like what he does I wouldn't exactly go as far as having sex with him, maybe just a handjob.

I understand it's no secret that admin here used to work with me on Electric Retard back in the day.

Back to top Go down

Vote for the next forum member of staff - Page 2 Empty Re: Vote for the next forum member of staff

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:12 am

I'm still of the opinion that the only reason anyone would claim to enjoy ER, Lolokaust or any similar monumental waste of time for creator and audience is so they can crush anyone they come across into embarassment under the might of their desensitisation. But, as some (like, to some extent, Fraser up there) will be convinced that the whole thing is post-modern and/or ironic, the best criticism I can level is that it's all a bit expected.
For instance, there have been literally hundreds of dictatorships which have came to power in the last few hundred years, and you've chosen to express your wit and subvert normal social values by revering... oh, it's Adolf Hitler.
Really now. Extreme anti-semitism isn't even edgy any more. Me and my friends were making jokes about the scourge of zionism at around the age of 10. If you're going to go all out and spend considerable amounts of time making a website dedicated to mock-shock value, at least swot up on the Khmer Rouge or the coming to power of Idi Amin.

EDIT: Hmmm. Not sure what to do with this now.
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:19 am

Rebellious Backbencher wrote:
Really now. Extreme anti-semitism isn't even edgy any more. Me and my friends were making jokes about the scourge of zionism at around the age of 10. If you're going to go all out and spend considerable amounts of time making a website dedicated to mock-shock value, at least swot up on the Khmer Rouge or the coming to power of Idi Amin.

EDIT: Hmmm. Not sure what to do with this now.

I wouldn't read too much into what we do. I like drawing and have a sick humour, I like showing it off too. The others on our site have their own reasons I'm sure.

I feel our guides have a better level of content in them, albeit adult. Too often people brand adult content as edgy, trying to hard, troll etc but the reality is we just like what we do.

Not a bad idea, a guide to dictators. I'll shortlist that and explore the history of some of the more obscure ones. Funny you mention the Khmer rouge, I was in Cambodia backpacking in April. Go read up on S21.

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:27 am

I never joined the ER forums, I'm fairly sure they had pretty much died by the time I arrived and the whole thing was pretty unappealing.

I never thought of it as subversive, sarcastic or clever, believe it or not. My friends and I are still partial to extremely crude toilet humour, rape/paedophilia jokes and general violence/nasty shit and Eric's comics were basically that. We watched our favourite scenes from Riki-Oh in a similar frame of mind. Hell, I drew a massive stickman bloodbath in MS Paint years before I had heard of Electric Retard. We're an odd bunch in that we can have high-minded discussions and then have a right old laugh over the ER sand pit strip.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:32 am

Same here gdf. ER was always a guilty pleasure of mine because I and everyone knows it's crap. I found the crude 'n' rude toilet humour and this surreal feel to the comics funny. All there is to it.

Edit: Alex, if you posted like you have your last few posts I think people wouldn't mind you staying even if they aren't fans of your work.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:38 am

Seany C wrote:Same here gdf. ER was always a guilty pleasure of mine because I and everyone knows it's crap. I found the crude 'n' rude toilet humour and this surreal feel to the comics funny. All there is to it.

Edit: Alex, if you posted like you have your last few posts I think people wouldn't mind you staying even if they aren't fans of your work.

Only difference is sean, you drew on it.

But I like flamewarz. I hate trolls. Theres a big difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:55 am

Yup, I drew a lot of sick shit and heiled Hitler and bashed the blacks and Jews on the forums with my Hunter persona, had a good time doing it too. I'm just saying you know you're not supposed to like it and can you can see why too. Also, without offending the older members of ER, I was 15 when I first found it and that might of had a factor with how much enjoyed it. As I matured I found myself getting less involved. Currently I've kind of put it behind me but I'll come back to draw one last piece.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:14 pm

Seany C wrote:Yup, I drew a lot of sick shit and heiled Hitler and bashed the blacks and Jews on the forums with my Hunter persona, had a good time doing it too. I'm just saying you know you're not supposed to like it and can you can see why too. Also, without offending the older members of ER, I was 15 when I first found it and that might of had a factor with how much enjoyed it. As I matured I found myself getting less involved. Currently I've kind of put it behind me but I'll come back to draw one last piece.
Am I right in saying you don't love Hitler anymore and accept his authority in all things?
Vote for the next forum member of staff - Page 2 33f023eefb113c5c1ee98c34746296fc

Back to top Go down

Post by weeble Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Alex wrote:
Seany C wrote:Yup, I drew a lot of sick shit and heiled Hitler and bashed the blacks and Jews on the forums with my Hunter persona, had a good time doing it too. I'm just saying you know you're not supposed to like it and can you can see why too. Also, without offending the older members of ER, I was 15 when I first found it and that might of had a factor with how much enjoyed it. As I matured I found myself getting less involved. Currently I've kind of put it behind me but I'll come back to draw one last piece.
Am I right in saying you don't love Hitler anymore and accept his authority in all things?
Vote for the next forum member of staff - Page 2 33f023eefb113c5c1ee98c34746296fc
Fuck me, that is worse than Seans 360 cover.
weeble
weeble

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:19 pm

I still enjoy the ER humour quite a bit (me and mcgugan almost died from lack of air when we smoked a bifter and then went through the entirety of the ER and fagart catalogue earlier this year) I just don't find myself left with the spare time I had when I was in secondary school to contribute, and if you're not participating, the forums become a lot less appealing.
Edit: Can you please post that picture of Sunny as an angel?
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:27 pm

Seany C wrote:I still enjoy the ER humour quite a bit (me and mcgugan almost died from lack of air when we smoked a bifter and then went through the entirety of the ER and fagart catalogue earlier this year) I just don't find myself left with the spare time I had when I was in secondary school to contribute, and if you're not participating, the forums become a lot less appealing.
Edit: Can you please post that picture of Sunny as an angel?
It's on the fetish guide via LK main page, go find it. In fact go have a wander on the front pages, things are not as retarded as you might think.

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Which fagarts were yours, Sean?

Shame the site's offline and Sigvatr.com is just an empty space which shows even if he did update he no longer has balls.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by mcgugan Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:07 pm

Seany C wrote:me and mcgugan almost died from lack of air when we smoked a bifter and then went through the entirety of the ER and fagart catalogue earlier this year

that was a grand day.
then a hungry day.
then a sleepy day.
but mostly grand.
mcgugan
mcgugan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:55 pm

Seany just told me on MSN that if it wasn't for the worry about upsetting you lot, he'd make me admin here because the traffic would double in a blink.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:21 pm

I didn't and it wouldn't. i thought you were going back to lolokaust and I was gonna do you a nice comic for your site.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:41 pm

I have no problem with Alex, unlike a lot of people. I just thought the rape thing was a bit distasteful, but other than that he seems alright.
01casey
01casey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2