Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Warfare 2....

+14
GearsCT
Septula
token new zealander
Dingo
JokerJamie
Jammer
Moozo
bomby
DanglyBrasco
NYNE
Seany C
Kaptain Kaviar
gdf
weeble
18 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Modern Warfare 2.... - Page 5 Empty Re: Modern Warfare 2....

Post by Moozo Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:34 pm

Singleplayer is really, really average. The story is a joke.

And Dangly - I haven't actually come across anyone dual-wielding online. When I used it in the campaign it was really difficult, I assume that's why.

8/10, saving grace being multiplayer.
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Single player is absolutely nothing new whatsoever. The graphics look no better than the previous one and the gameplay is so FPS 101. Lame.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Seany C wrote:Reviewers have totally ruined the integrity of /10 scoring.
Call of Duty MW2 is like 4 but with slightly shinier graphics and awesome set pieces that you can press a button and watch plus there's new perks and that's why I'm giving it a 9.5!

Evil or Very Mad

And oh....but, MP is good, right?
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by maze Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:13 pm

Meh, think i'll skip it and get ACII instead. Probs get Bad Company 2 for my shooter fix when it comes out.
maze
maze

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:09 pm

Will probs get this and ACII at Christmas.
01casey
01casey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:25 pm

My brother was supposed to be getting this for his birthday on the 23rd of December but got it today Big smile
Dingo
Dingo

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:54 pm

Played for 4 hours and I have like a couple of missions left lol... It's fairly enjoyable, but I'm starting to get the feeling that whenever a game is technically proficient it gets full marks across the board. Killzone and Uncharted 2 probably being some of the worst culprits. It's as if every Hollywood with high quality effects were to be awarded an Oscar. Can you see Transformers 2 heralded as film of the year? Welcome to the gaming industry.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by token new zealander Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:56 pm

This game got waaaay to much hype for what is just another sequel.

token new zealander

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:30 pm

Did I mention that the end of the campaign makes you feel like you've been ripped off?

It's like "hey, thanks for playing this installment, here's a really open ended cliffhanger in case we want to change the storyline before the sequel in 2 years time!"
Moozo
Moozo

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:30 pm

Just played it a bit at a course mates.

So, maybe its because i havnt played videogames proper in like, huh, 7 weeks, but whatever it is, i really enjoyed it. Its by no way as spectacularly shocking as MW, but thats because is so very similar, and y'know, COD4 came out of the blue for me.

But whatever, i really liked it. It feels kinda like a Michael Bay move, like The Rock, or Bad Boys 2 which is by no means a bad thing for a videogame. It seems to be very hectic, a thrill a minute, which will not hold up to multiple playthroughs (but that what spec ops are for, no?).

MP wise, we played 3 deaths each and, again, it may be that i havnt played games in so long, but this felt gret. Similar to COD4 that i could do it, but different enough that i didnt think "urgh, ive done this before...". For instance, shooting down UAV's and planes and shit! Saying it, not such a big deal, but it really adds depth i feel.

So yeah, from like, an hour i spent with it, im impressed, il definitely buy it, not for thr 5-6 hour SP campaign, but for spec ops and MP, which with you lot should be great.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by token new zealander Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:54 pm

Moozo wrote:Did I mention that the end of the campaign makes you feel like you've been ripped off?

It's like "hey, thanks for playing this installment, here's a really open ended cliffhanger in case we want to change the storyline before the sequel in 2 years time!"

Activision are now like EA used to be. Evil or Very Mad

token new zealander

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:01 pm

DanglyBrasco wrote:e.

But whatever, i really liked it. It feels kinda like a Michael Bay move, like The Rock

The best part is that they have ripped off the shower scenario and inserted it into the campaign. Deja vu to the max!
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:05 pm

Ha! Really?

Jesus, i think one of the Rainbow 6's did that too...

But yeah, i actually quite like the rock, for Connery at least.

So like, do you lot actively dislike it, or simply dissapointed? Surely, SURELY, those of you on LIVE can see it will keep everyone busy?
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:56 pm

Connery is overrated like a motherfucker. If I were a Scot I'd be embarrassed.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:17 pm

I think thats why i like him, he isnt a terribly brilliant actor, nor made many terribly brilliant films. But i love him all the more for it, he's an icon.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:50 pm

Well, he is a bastion for mediocrity, there's no denying that.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:22 pm

I don't actively dislike it. It's a nicely spectacular 7/10 shooter. But nothing more than that. That's my problem with it to be honest.

I'm sure the multiplayer is decent though.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:32 pm

Seany C wrote:Well, he is a bastion for mediocrity, there's no denying that.

If your online identity had a face, i'dpunch it.

And Major, fair enough... 7/10 though for a game you describe as "spectacular"? I dunno, if i was rating id say it hits a 8.5 9 with the very limited time i've had with it.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:51 pm

Spectacular as in big explosions and lots of things going on at the same time. Doesn't measure up to the experience Dragon Age has been giving me with DOS quality graphics.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:54 pm

I think he means it contains many huge spectacles. Doesn't necessarily mean they're good, in fact they can bring down an overall experience e.g: Uncharted 2 and it's 'interactive cinematic experiences' vs Uncharted's action which is on a smaller scale but more enjoyable due to it being fun to play, not just watch. Moments like the helicopter making the building topple while you're inside it sounds cool and all but then you get to that bit and you're just shooting enemies as usual but the room is tilting. Moments like that drove the reviewers nuts for some reason. I remember one review highlighting the bit where that stone platform slides down that slope and you're still controlling Drake as one of the best bits in the game. Again, it's just a platform but this one doesn't tilt, it slides. In both instances if you ignore the enemies they'll die when the scripted sequence is over. MW2 looks like it has a few similar bits like that. Is it anywhere near as bad in that respect?
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:01 pm

It doesn't wrestle away player control as often as UC2, but yes, it has a tendency to not want you to fuck up a perfectly scripted action sequence. It's a bit tiresome. If I want brilliant action sequences I'll watch a film which does it ten times better. I want to play not watch a pseudo cut-scene.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:15 pm

I can't remember what video review it was but it mentions a part where you're running across the rooftops in an escape sequence. Made me laugh because in Far Cry 2 that mission where you deliver the barge of guns and the ceasefire breaks I had to try and escape from the centre of the zone with a sliver of health and near empty guns. I went out the back door and headed right, took out one guy with the last 4 bullets in my silenced pistol and high tailed up some crates onto some corrugated roofing and sprinted across said roofing with bullets whizzing past and jumping over the barbed wire fence and hopping into a jeep and to freedom. Most people probably blasted their way out in a boring fashion.

Fuck scripted gameplay.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:12 pm

I'm going to get Modern Warfare 2, but I definitely have my concerns. From what I've seen it's like they've totally ignored what made the first one brilliant. I hate this trend of Hollywood crap. Every game thinks it's a blockbuster film.

I almost entirely blame games journalists and the internet. Hyped games now aren't allowed to be scored lower than a 9 any more, and they're all the bloody same, but the critics lap them up whilst forward thinking, ingenious titles like Far Cry 2, Noby Noby Boy and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts aren't given the recognition they deserve by most of the press. It's like they want to be spoon fed bullshit action sequences rather than having their own unique ones by putting in a little creative effort.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:52 am

COD 4 was all about the multiplayer for me. MW 2 is in the same bout, and it doesn't disappoint at all. I agree about the single player. Nothing new, average storyline etc. I've only done 5 or 6 missions. I have been playing multiplayer non stop though, and it is awesome. Spec Ops is great fun too, but really, when I went online I was blown away. Definitely the most enjoyable multiplayer experience since COD 4, and it surpasses it with its new upgrades.

I'm not disappointed by it at all.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:43 am

DanglyBrasco wrote:
Seany C wrote:Well, he is a bastion for mediocrity, there's no denying that.

If your online identity had a face, i'dpunch it.
If your had a face I'd kick it in the nuts! (I was too stoned to pick up that reference yesterday)
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum