People you find facinating

View previous topic View next topic Go down

People you find facinating

Post by Seany C on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:04 am

I love Mike Tyson. He might have an ego when it comes to fighting but it's fucking warrented and he can often come out with honesty, comedy, poetry and relevant commentary on many facets in life. But back in his day he was a ferocious and feral man, ignorant and arrogant, insane and unpredictable. Some of that still remains but prison and converting to Islam sorted his head out a lot (take that, religion thread!). If I could make a film about anyone it'd be him.

Some choice quotes?

"[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.”

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"

"My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."

"I want to rip out his heart and feed it to him [Lennox Lewis]. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children."

"I could have knocked him out in the third round but I wanted to do it slowly, so he would remember this night for a long time."

"I paid a worker at New York's zoo to re-open it just for me and Robin. When we got to the gorilla cage there was 1 big silverback gorilla there just bullying all the other gorillas. They were so powerful but their eyes were like an innocent infant. I offered the attendant $10,000 to open the cage and let smash that silverback's snotbox! He declined."

"One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard."

"There are nine million people who see me in the ring and hate my guts. Most of them are white. That's okay. Just spell my name right."

"I think the average person thinks I'm a f**king nut and I deserve whatever happens to me. That's what I believe."

"When you see me smash somebody's skull, you enjoy it."

"But you really have to look at the science of the situation. You guys come here to talk and report but you don't actually look at the facts of what this business is all about. The best thing that happened to those guys and they should stand on their mother's shoulders and kiss my ass because I went to prison or they would not be existing right now. They'd be a flash in the pan and would have made some money and opened up a restaurant or bar somewhere where they live at."

"I try to catch him right on the tip of the nose, because I try to push the bone into the brain."

"Everyone in boxing probably makes out well except for the fighter. He's the only one that's on Skid Row most of the time; he's the only one that everybody just leaves when he loses his mind. He sometimes goes insane, he sometimes goes on the bottle, because it's a highly intensive pressure sport that allows people to just lose it [their self-control]."

"My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm."

"It's interesting that you put me in the league with those illustrious fighters [Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis, Jack Johnson], but I've proved since my career I've surpassed them as far my popularity. I'm the biggest fighter in the history of the sport. If you don't believe it, check the cash register."

[To a female reporter] "It's no doubt I am going to win this fight and I feel confident about winning this fight. I normally don't do interviews with women unless I fornicate with them. So you shouldn't talk anymore... Unless you want to, you know."

"All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too."

Stacey McKinley: "He sees a guy beggin' in the street and he gives him a hundred dollars. I'll say, 'Man, y'know the guy's just gonna spend it on crack!' But he says, 'I leave it to Allah to judge him.'"

"Fear is your best friend or your worst enemy. It's like fire. If you can control it, it can cook for you; it can heat your house. If you can't control it, it will burn everything around you and destroy you. If you can control your fear, it makes you more alert, like a deer coming across the lawn."

"I'm on the Zoloft [an antidepressant] to keep from killing y'all."

"I guess I'm gonna fade into Bolivian."

"I like the British bikes. I like British people. They're real mellow."

"I can sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating."

Last edited by Seany C on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seany C
Admin

View user profile http://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: People you find facinating

Post by Rebellious Backbencher on Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:08 am

You've sold me on Tyson.
Good thread. Gimme a mo'.

EDIT: Marquis De Sade. We all at times say that we ought to think of ourselves more and others less. Sade was the living embodiement of that desire. Treason, enslavement, rape, paedophilia (after a fashion), torture, murder, adultery, incest, self-mutilation, even atheism; nothing was too taboo an act for just about the only major figure in history who I can think of who did, literally, whatever he pleased. He narrowly escaped the death sentence, twice. He survived an assassination attempt from point blank range due to a misfiring gun. He flirted with the most extreme of liberal politics at a time when this made a person richly unpopular, subjected his body to experimentation with drugs and revelled in being vomited and pissed on for sexual gratification, before dying, relatively peacefully, in his sleep at a ripe old age. Fortune favours the brave.
Rebellious Backbencher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:51 am

Dr. Paul Joseph Goebbels

I did my Advanced Higher History dissertation on Nazi propaganda after Hitler's election to Chancellor, and the further I got into it, the more I became fascinated by Goebbels. It's ridiculous, but I actually admire him for being such a filthy rat.

More to come later, gotta dash.
gdf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 pm

You've sold me on Marquis De Sade. He's now on the top of my 'shit to google' list.
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:26 pm

Of all the threads that didn't take off, I'm most upset about this one.
Rebellious Backbencher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:04 pm

:borrisbc:
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:30 pm

Maybe because Sean spelled "fascinating" wrong.
gdf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:32 pm

That'd be it!
01casey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:40 pm

Damn the spell checker for never bothering with the subject field Mad
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:44 pm

Seany C wrote:Damn the spell checker for never bothering with the subject field Mad

I fucking hate that, it's very annoying!
Dingo

View user profile http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:11 pm

You could always learn English.
Rebellious Backbencher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:13 pm

Pahah! In the 21st century? Not bloody likely.
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:09 pm

Albert Fish and GG Allin.

Charles Manson too... speaking of which, isn't there a programme on about him tonight?
01casey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:21 pm

Yes there is, should be immense. I thikn he's hugely fascinating.

And Bundy.
DanglyBrasco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top