Chat thread

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chat thread

Post by Rebellious Backbencher on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:46 pm

Whoever did is a right cock, I was winning for a bit there.
Rebellious Backbencher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:05 pm

I think it's more cockish as they ruined it for everyone else. I was 50/50 about ditching it and it wont be missed but if whoever did it stopped coming they wouldn't be missed no matter who it was in my eyes. Just shows inconsideration for others and a counter-community attitude. We have no need for people like that here.
Seany C
Admin

View user profile http://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:08 pm

I see what you mean, but if it does turn out to be Gears or Weeble I'd hesitate to agree with you: it's all well and good making elaborate claims like that, but when you can actually weigh it up against losing a forumite it starts to seem a little petty for something nobody was all that bothered about in the first place.
Rebellious Backbencher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weeble on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:08 pm

Would someone tell me WHAT THE FUCK EVERYONE IS MOANING ABOUT.

Im confused....again
weeble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:08 pm

Someone went around and raped everyone's rep. Forum is not happy.
Moozo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:13 pm

It's the principle. I'm not bothered about the rep. It's a minute loss. I'm not angry or anything either, which is probably the desired outcome of who done it, just disappointed really.
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:19 pm

Emotional blackmail FTW!
Rebellious Backbencher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GearsCT on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:25 pm

its all well and good, but can I just prove it wasn't me by the simple fact that you cant add or subtract rep when you yourself are in minus rep
GearsCT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Look Angry on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:26 pm

:drama:
Dont Look Angry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Proper use of ridiculously specific smiley FTW!
Rebellious Backbencher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weeble on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:27 pm

I really dont have a clue. Im going the Pub xxxxx
weeble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:18 pm

So I came on and there was this rep thing and fifteen minutes later it's gone, along with the deep, burden lifting discussion.

I've still some comment to pass on that, so I shall continue.

A lot of you guys seem to have been in much worse places than me, though I've certainly thought of the nature of existence in bed at night before and had I the means to kill myself that very instant I would have at least attempted to.

Today my granda was rushed to hospital with a stomach abscess and will have to undergo an operation which he possibly won't survive thanks to the dozens of severe medical problems he's suffered since birth (also an abandoned child, but he's made an exceptional job of getting by). He's an amazing old fella and he'll maybe be OK, but I'm trying not to get myself into too much of a state right now whilst also preparing for the worst. The fact he's survived this long (80 in October) is incredible in and of itself. Anyway, I've never really had to face the death of a family member before, but a few years ago my parents split under "exceptional" (not because either was a bastard, but for reasons almost outwith their control, read into that what you will) circumstances and that had a lot of potential to fuck up the four of us. We didn't let it at the time and don't really mind any more, so I'm glad to have avoided the pits of depression I could so easily slipped into.

Overall, life is pretty decent for me. I'm not a social animal, but I've got a great group of friends, can have amicable chats with pretty much anybody and certainly enjoy a good party.

So hooray for me I guess!
gdf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Look Angry on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:23 pm

Now where's that good rep button GDF.

Oh wait its gone.
Dont Look Angry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:27 pm

gdf wrote:So I came on and there was this rep thing and fifteen minutes later it's gone, along with the deep, burden lifting discussion.

I've still some comment to pass on that, so I shall continue.

A lot of you guys seem to have been in much worse places than me, though I've certainly thought of the nature of existence in bed at night before and had I the means to kill myself that very instant I would have at least attempted to.

Today my granda was rushed to hospital with a stomach abscess and will have to undergo an operation which he possibly won't survive thanks to the dozens of severe medical problems he's suffered since birth (also an abandoned child, but he's made an exceptional job of getting by). He's an amazing old fella and he'll maybe be OK, but I'm trying not to get myself into too much of a state right now whilst also preparing for the worst. The fact he's survived this long (80 in October) is incredible in and of itself. Anyway, I've never really had to face the death of a family member before, but a few years ago my parents split under "exceptional" (not because either was a bastard, but for reasons almost outwith their control, read into that what you will) circumstances and that had a lot of potential to fuck up the four of us. We didn't let it at the time and don't really mind any more, so I'm glad to have avoided the pits of depression I could so easily slipped into.

Overall, life is pretty decent for me. I'm not a social animal, but I've got a great group of friends, can have amicable chats with pretty much anybody and certainly enjoy a good party.

So hooray for me I guess!

I'm sure we can get the proper discussion back. It'll come and go, no doubt.
Bearing as much as you have, even if you don't want to talk too much about your family circumstances, is admirable - I'm very wary of talking too much about the specifics of my personal situation, beyond feelings and that.
I really hope your Granda will be okay.
Rebellious Backbencher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:27 pm

I was annoyed about my rep too! I was on 2, then all of a sudden -3 as were all the posts below me! I thought the system could've worked if properly implemented too, like, I gave Sean's post regarding his 'night-time thoughts' good rep as it provoked a lot of ideas and was a good read. Oh well.

Fraser, sorry to hear about your grandad. The same happened to me last year and it certainly isn't a good situation, so all the best and I hope he recovers soon. Never lose faith.

Fraser wrote:Overall, life is pretty decent for me. I'm not a social animal, but I've got a great group of friends, can have amicable chats with pretty much anybody and certainly enjoy a good party.

Saaame.
01casey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:51 pm

I'm not sure what to say except thank you, guys.
gdf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weeble on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:37 pm

im a little tiddy

not a cat
weeble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:53 pm

I can put limits on how many reps one can hand out a day and how many minutes one must wait between rep givings, but we'll discuss it when I'm not pissed.
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:06 pm

There was a forum I used to visit which let you "praise" posts by clicking a button and it basically said that the post was a good post. There was no negative option so posts can't go to minus something. I don't know whether this could be implemented or not but if it could, maybe it would work.

I hope your Granda get's better gdf.
Dingo

View user profile http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:18 pm

All the best to you grandfather gdf, I really hope things work out for him.
Kaptain Kaviar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Yup. I'm in the same boat of not having to deal with a close relatives death and obviously don't look forwards to the inevitable. Good luck, whatever the outcome.
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:51 pm

I've, unfortunately, had to witness the death of all my grandparents as well as my father. It isn't easy, but you know it has to happen some day. But if I believed it would have helped, I'd have offered up a prayer for your grandfather.
Kaptain Kaviar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Look Angry on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:55 pm

I was lucky a few years ago when my Granda went through a quadruplet heart bypass, he came through strong enough. You just have to wait for the inevitable I suppose sadly. Good luck to your Granda Fras.
Dont Look Angry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:18 pm

You guys... Man, people talk about finding people who they can relate to when they go to High School, or when they go to uni, or when they join a reading club, whatever. I found this when i logged onto the forums we know.

At school i was the sad little fucker who watched too many films, played too many videogames, and listend to "unpopular music". I didnt have much luck with girls, and didnt particularly get on with the typical boys. So when i fist started talking to you guys, like, and found that were people who had the same interests, and enthused about similar subjects that i did, i was amazed and uplifted, liike, i almost felt accepted. Sounds weird saying it, but still. I tend to go in and out of depression, feelings of lonliness, and sometimes go without communicating with my "friends" for days at a time. Yet i always found myself able to tak to you, even if it was about random things like how amazing a re ent film was, or how most excellent Weeble is.

Reading the things you guys have written in here not only re-inforces what a nice bunch of people you all are, but reminds me that im not completely alone in my thoughts and feelings, even if they are somewhat different from yours.

Suede, im not going to pretend and say i know exactly how you're feeling, but i get what you mean... As has already been said, we're here, and even if we cant physically help you, hopefully, just knowing we're here will help.

GDF, i feel for you about your Grandad, its an awful position to be in and my symapthies are with you and your family.

So yeah, i guess i want to thank everyone, this feels like a proper community one which im very proud to say i belong to.
DanglyBrasco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:23 pm

Aww man Dangly, I think you just summed up the general feeling of the forum at the mo'. I'd hit you up with a + if I could.
Might sound strange, but I kind of wish Dobotron was here. From conversations I had with him, I think he could've really benefited from reading this thread. Anybody know where he got to?
Rebellious Backbencher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top