Splinter Cell Conviction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Splinter Cell Conviction

Post by 01casey on Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:59 am

Demo is up on XBL, downloading as I type. Very excited for this one, adore the Splinter Cell franchise. Post impressions here!
01casey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Splinter Cell Conviction

Post by JokerJamie on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:15 pm

Ooooh I must check out the demo...
JokerJamie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:40 pm

It's absolute shite!

Not really, but I'm very disappointed. I hope the demo isn't too close to the final game as the has some horrible screen tear and terrible animation. It's pretty cool pulling off those executions or whatever, but I'm not pre-ordering with those graphics.
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey on Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:46 pm

I hate to say it, but I agree. The graphics are relatively poor, especially considering the first few games effectively revolutionised graphics and physics on the Xbox. The execution system is a decent idea though, but it is poorly implemented in the demo. The objective system also doesn't seem as cool as it did when we first saw it at E3.

This initial playtest has therefore dampened my expectations for this game massively. My only hope is that the demo is an early build, perhaps even last year's E3 demo. That way, the delays for polishing could show in the final release.
01casey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GearsCT on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:08 pm

I've pre-ordered this regardless, I love playing this game, the graphics may not be brilliant in the demo, but graphics aren't everything.
GearsCT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:14 pm

I didn't like it at first but I played it again and it was good; not great but good.
Dingo

View user profile http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:40 pm

30 reviews are in and it's at 88%.

Highest score - 10
Lowest score - 8

Gamer.no - Splinter Cell: Conviction is faster and more action oriented than previous games in the series. It's getting closer to a third person shooter, but Conviction has not lost its unique Fisheresque soul. This is great entertainment. [8]

Edge Magazine has awarded Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction 8/10 in its latest lead review, claiming that the title is "in reach of greatness". Edge is particularly impressed with Sam Fisher's ability to turn any environment into "torture chambers" at the press of a button. Main points of criticism are its short length and that too much of the title is played in new atmospheric monochrome

The reviews have slightly convinced me that this might not be that bad.

FUCK IT!

*ORDERED*
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:27 pm

OMG! THIS GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME!

Shitty demo.
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:44 pm

Sweet. Picking it up tonight after work.
JokerJamie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Hated the demo... will have to see what it's like when I get my loan in...
Ipso-Shrapnel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:06 pm

Finished it.

It's short, but didn't feel as short as many had made out to be. It has some pretty ropey animations, and slight glitches (this is Ubisoft, though) which kinda takes me out of it a little, but pretty nice graphics on the whole. The story I really couldn't follow that well (at all to be honest), and the shooting isn't that great - especially annoying when it's far more shooting orientated. The screen turning to black and white is quite annoying, should have come up with a different idea.

Overall, though, it's a pretty fun game and when it works it feels incredible cool - probably would give it a good 7. It's no Pandora Tomorrow or Chaos Theory.

Anyway, already started a new game on Realistic - and it was already hard enough on Normal - but now I can't stick my finger out without being seen!
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:51 pm

I'm playing it through first go on realistic...Still just over an hour in though (Suede: I just planted the C4 on the chopper), seems good so far. Some of the sneaking around stuff reminds me of Arkham Asylum at times.
JokerJamie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:13 pm

Just wait until the next mission, Jamie, it's horrendous!

Gears and I played some co-op yesterday and it's pretty excellent if not a little frustrating. I'm glad they made a whole separate story for it, always something I hope for in co-op. You could argue that it's better than the single-player.
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:59 am

Yeah I played some local play co-op last night, it was a LOT of fun. Seriously awesome, I love how you can be so tactical. I'm a good bit into the building in single player at this stage, Suede. Still no idea what is really going on. Something about some scientists and Russian EMPs?? Anyway, haven't had any serious problems difficulty-wise, although it is tough.
JokerJamie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:25 pm

I finished it on Realistic yesterday and I didn't get the achievement for doing so; it seems to be a glitch that is happening to a lot of people. I was pretty displeased. lol

I also found out that playing music while playing Deniable Ops helps me kick large amounts of ass. I was having so much trouble trying to finish the first map, but I put on some Moby, and beat the whole map without being seen once.
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:24 pm

JokerJamie wrote:Yeah I played some local play co-op last night, it was a LOT of fun. Seriously awesome, I love how you can be so tactical. I'm a good bit into the building in single player at this stage, Suede. Still no idea what is really going on. Something about some scientists and Russian EMPs?? Anyway, haven't had any serious problems difficulty-wise, although it is tough.
The only difficulty I encountered when I did it last night was that bloody second mission... we could not for the life of us get into that building without killing the cops... Its quite a nice game though... if it weren't so short, I'd pick it up...
Ipso-Shrapnel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:01 pm

Which cops are you talking about? He only kills that guys hired goons or PMCs, later on when you come across cops he just knocks them out. Fisher hasn't gone that crazy. lol

And when I say difficult, I mean playing the game properly; not getting detected throughout the whole mission. I hate when it comes to just shooting enemies in a panic, it's shit. I just did that second missions without firing one shot and without being detected, it's such an awesome feeling when finish a mission that way.
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:24 pm

Finished it last night on realistic too. I got the achievement though. Solid game. 7/10...

Looking forward to hitting up some co-op now, but I can't imagine I'll hold onto this for too much longer. Might trade it in for Super Street Fighter IV or somethin...
JokerJamie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top