Heavy Rain

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Heavy Rain

Post by Mindkiller on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:18 pm

If you really want to avoid spoilers, i'd suggest disconnecting yourself from the internet for a few days.
I already know who the origami killer is, among other things Sad
Mindkiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:16 am

I'm drunk but this is fucking amazing, literlally cumming over this game, it's like a quality piece of art but beautified in spactacular form, i played it earlier and i really enjoyed the 3 hours I played. Bring on the rest. Some time.
01casey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:19 pm

(Some small spoilers)

No drunken response this time, but I just finished Heavy Rain and I found it to be pretty special. Bar a few plot holes, it is probably the most genuinely interpellating game in history, with some of the decisions provoking post-game discussion en masse.

I was semi-surprised about who the Origami killer turned out to be, however without revealing who, I always had my suspicions. Changed mind a few times however.

Got a pretty naff ending too, probably because I 'Gave Up' as Jayden, and didn't shoot the dude as Ethan.

Overall, well worth the wait, and I can't wait to play through again.
01casey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:38 pm

My ending was awesome.
Kaptain Kaviar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:44 pm

I absolutely loved the game, even if my ending was upsetting Sad Spoilers below:

Madison burned to death, Jayden ODed, Ethan commited suicide in Prison, Scott got shot by Lauren and Shaun drowned
Dingo

View user profile http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 01casey on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:13 pm

My ending:

Madison went mad with insomnia/haunted by events, Jayden had a drug related incident, Ethan killed himself in prison, Sean drowned. The only one with a decent ending was Scott, casually walking free through the streets.
01casey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:56 am

My ending:

Madison and Ethan moved in together with Shaun and vowed to put the episode behind them. Jayden became hero of the day on a big TV show and manages to rid himself of his drug addiction. Scott was killed by Jayden and fell into a gigantic garbage disposal machine. Lauren cursed his grave.
Kaptain Kaviar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:31 pm

My ending fucking sucked:
Shaun drowned, Ethan shot himself at his desk, Madison got drilled in that house (I wasn't paying attention properly), Jayden overdosed, Blake resigned, and Lauren shot Scott.
Moozo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:29 pm

I'm getting a lend of this tomorrow, along with my mates PS3! That's how dedicated I am to playing it Smile

Oh and off topic; loving the new avatar moozo. When's Plastic Beach out do you know?
JokerJamie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:32 pm

Is it the 9th? It's next week anyway. I've got the leak, and it's awesome. Stick it on repeat though when you get it, it takes a few listens to sink in.
Moozo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:50 am

Yeh? Very excited. Anyway I got my friends PS3 and Heavy Rain this morning so I'll give it a go!
JokerJamie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:30 pm

playing it through now, got to just after your third home visit as the PI and had to give my mates PS3 back... finally playing it on mine and not enjoying doing the same thing again so soon which is abit meh... but it's a very fucking good game, liking the experiance alot!
Ipso-Shrapnel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:07 pm

On my first playthrough, I screwed it all up right before the end - I got Madison killed and I gave up on the investigation with Jayden, so my ending was shite.

I've finished 3 times since then, and now only need two more trophies!

But, yeah, I really enjoyed it, it could have done with some more polish and better voice-acting with certain characters, but it was a very thrilling ride. I still think I prefer Fahrenheit a little.

I'd probably give it a 7, just missing out on an 8.
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar on Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Fahrenheit had a better lead character, cooler fights and I liked the atmosphere a lot more. Temperature dropping > Water rising.
Kaptain Kaviar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo on Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:53 pm

So finished my second playthrough now and got a much better ending!

Ethan rescued Shaun and went onto live a hapy life with him and Madison, Jayden became a hero after defeting Scott on top of the grinder, Lauren spat on his grave.

The game is superb, really love it. A few technical niggles but nothing game breaking.
Dingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:17 pm

Kaptain Kaviar wrote:Fahrenheit had a better lead character, cooler fights and I liked the atmosphere a lot more. Temperature dropping > Water rising.

Yeah, it also had a great opening.

David Cage tried too hard with Heavy Rain, it's so awful at the start. My mum watched the beginning and she couldn't believe what an silly, annoying child Jason was.

I'm sure children aren't that stupid, especially at fucking 10!
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo on Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:43 pm

I was gonna buy Fahrenheit from Steam but according to the system requirements lab my graphics card can't handle the minumun requiremtns, everything else is more than capable and fits the recommened part Sad

If my graphics card was better and my CPU speed was slightly higher I could apparently run Crysis so that shows how cuky the card is.
Dingo

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Ah keep the spoilers down! I'm only about 2 hours in!
JokerJamie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:36 pm

I'm pretty far now I think...

Paco just got killed by the Origami killer in the night club. Ethan just discovered that Madison is a journalist...I'm excited to see how it all winds up, I had a feeling at the start that Shelby might be the Origami killer but not sure yet...
JokerJamie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:04 pm

My ending:

Ethan and Madison moved into a house with Shaun. Scott lost a fight with Jayden, and fell into a scrap metal disposing machine or something. Jayden was hailed as a hero, and kicked the drug habit, but seems to have lost the plot slightly, he was seeing little tiny tanks coming at him from all directions with his glasses on and off. Lauren died in the car, the slag.
JokerJamie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:38 pm

Dingo wrote:So finished my second playthrough now and got a much better ending!

Ethan rescued Shaun and went onto live a hapy life with him and Madison, Jayden became a hero after defeting Scott on top of the grinder, Lauren spat on his grave.

The game is superb, really love it. A few technical niggles but nothing game breaking.

Got that for my first ending, thought the game was good... i've got no urge to replay it though...
Ipso-Shrapnel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top