Mass Effect 2

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by JokerJamie on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:41 am

Just played for 4 hours after work today. Its bloody brilliant so far. Just completed the archangel mission for those who've played it, and I'm back on the Normandy now. I also made my Shepard old and weathered looking this time, he's a true vet!

Can't wait to get really stuck into this next week.
JokerJamie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:06 am

Not been enough to distract me from the main quest so far. Hope there's more depth than there first appears to be. About 10 hours in, by the way.
Moozo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:38 am

Is it worth me getting this despite not having a finished games save fr the originl in my hard drive?

I saw my Bro finish it, so know the story and shit, can i get it or do i NEED to finish the first on my harddrive?
DanglyBrasco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:30 am

4,5 hours in, and yes, it's awesome. But I am sad to see a lot of the depth from the first one seemingly lost. It's more like a shooter with RPG elements than an RPG with first person combat.
Kaptain Kaviar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:55 pm

I'm just over 18 hours in!

Why do people say First-Person Combat, when it's Third-Person Combat??????!!115113535

Anyway, people need to stop whining. It does lose some depth, but the game is much better for it.
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:24 pm

Dudes, seriously, do i need a finished game save in order to play this the best it can be played?
DanglyBrasco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:46 pm

If only for the references to the first game, yes.
Moozo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:14 pm

I would finish the first game, no question about it. All my decisions in the first game have changed my experiences quite a bit in the second.
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:31 pm

Ah you see, but is it just experience wise? Am i actually going to be missing anything? I've played and seen the majority of the first, but dont want to lose out on anything because i dont have the save on my harddrive. You see?
DanglyBrasco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:34 pm

There are loads of great minor plot points that evolve from your old save file. I'm loving it so far. It's a very different game, but after 10 hours I'm not complaining!
Kaptain Kaviar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:31 pm

If you've seen most of the original, then I guess I would be OK to go ahead and play this, Dangly.

Seriously, though, the amount of places you go is brilliant, it's so much better than the first game. If you were to go back to it now you would realise how flawed it is. I never got how anyone thought Mass Effect was a 10. Experience-wise it's really good, it's one of the best this gen, but the game itself is quite flawed.

In the original you gain 5 of 6 squad mates by the time you first set foot in the Normandy, but on this, you have only 2 of 11 by the time your in your ship. The characters are also miles better, especially the Humans. Ashley and Kaiden were a joke, Miranda and Jacob are just brilliant, so much better, alongside the other Humans of course.

Also, the Normandy is so much bigger! I love just going around it after each mission checking up on everyone, checking my private messages, upgrading the ship, scanning planets (hey, I like it), refueling, plotting my next move.

Also, like I was saying, the amount of planets to explore is great. Before you had 3 main planets to go to, and then one after that, then you went back to the Citadel and finished the game. A bit pants really.

I feel like this game is going to take me just over 20 hours, the last game I'm sure was half that.
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:39 pm

I think Jacob is terribly dull tbh. I liked Kaidan better. The other characters are pretty awesome though, and most feel pretty threatening to boot!

Mass Effect was 23 hours for me on my first playthrough.
Kaptain Kaviar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:03 pm

I've played something like 16 hours now. Still three or four squad members to get. Hoping it lasts me a long time!

I am slightly bummed by the lack of weapons... I'm stuck with a slightly upgraded machine pistol I got in the first real mission of the game.
Moozo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Kaptain Kaviar wrote:I think Jacob is terribly dull tbh.

Racist!

Seriously, I can see why they put it on 2 discs, THERE'S SO MANY FUCKING PLANETS! It's probably going to go over the 25 hour mark now.
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:22 pm

the prof and grunt are easily the best new additions.

bomby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:45 pm

Yeah, I've got them two on their side-missions at the moment, lucky their side-missions are both on the same planet! And on that planet I met an old Krogan friend, was so happy.

I'm near the end now, I think. I've still got to get one more member on the team and that's everyone. Then there is finishing off the rest of my crews side-missions.

There are so many different ways of it all panning out, I can't wait to finish it tomorrow. I'm going to start a new game straight away.
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:55 am

i stil need the assassin and the justicar, i tried going through the omega relay and someone was instantly killed, so im going to build up my team and upgrade the normandy before trying again.

bomby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:34 am

This is so good! About 6 hours into it but I've loved every moment so far. I wish I had actually done Modern Studies work throughout the year rather than do nothing because I have to get a lot of revision done for the exam now Sad

When it finishes it's Mass Effect 2 for the rest of the week!
Dingo

View user profile http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:02 pm

bomby wrote:i stil need the assassin and the justicar, i tried going through the omega relay and someone was instantly killed, so im going to build up my team and upgrade the normandy before trying again.

I've got to get those two aswell.
I'm going to try the Omega 4 Relay on my second playthrough, then. Trying to be a hero first time through.
Moozo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:54 pm

This is completely incredible.

Im only like, 5 hours in , but still, found Garrus, solved a plague thingymabob, and just arrived at Citadel. Its amazing.
DanglyBrasco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:51 pm

Today I randomly scanned a planet and came across a shipwreck precariously positioned on a cliff-face. Anybody else came across this? It felt like a really cool discovery and even though there was probably no actual need (I'm fairly certain the ship was designed to creak and crumble at certain points during my exploration) I still found myself tip-toeing around gingerly because I was so immersed.
I also saw an advert for the all-Elcor Shakespeare production Smile Dangly, little stuff like that probably make it worth giving the first one a go beforehand.
Rebellious Backbencher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:10 pm

The Elcor Hamlet is by far the best thing I have seen on this game so far.
Moozo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:59 pm

Yeah i hear you Bob, its just i started it over like 6 times, getting over half way, then never bothering finishing it. The idea of starting again sickens me, although im loving the second one.

Im gonna finish this, then start from the beginning again, see how it pans out.
DanglyBrasco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:05 pm

Screw 25 hours; I've now got over 30 hours out of it. The last member you get is awesome, seriously didn't see it coming. I had to pull myself away, as I would like to save the ending for tomorrow. Seriously going to try save everybody, no one dies under my command!

BioWare have outdone themselves this time, It's my favourite game of theirs since Knights of the Old Rupublic, and is probably one of my favourite RPGs ever.

Last edited by Black Suede on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:22 pm

Still getting better. I want more variety in the recruiting missions, but hey, no game's perfect.

My character got Assault Rifle training, which is great. Less machine pistol, more biotics combined with assault rifle!

Still plenty of plot twists. I've got one last member to recruit (that I've got a mission notification for in my journal, anyway), the odd mission to clean up and I'm ready for the assault. Cannot wait.

While I'm lauding it, though, the bastard just froze on me. Dammit.
Moozo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top