Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

+23
JNub
Septula
JokerJamie
Fisheggz
Ipso-Shrapnel
Raine
Hiding in the bushes with
Jammer
mcgugan
Moozo
NYNE
01casey
bomby
GearsCT
DanglyBrasco
Seany C
Rebellious Backbencher
Dont Look Angry
weeble
gdf
Dingo
Kaptain Kaviar
Black Suede
27 posters

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 17 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by Seany C Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:42 am

From those selections 2001, The Matrix, Terminator, Twelve Monkeys and Brazil are good, they take place in modern day or a future/alternate reality not to dissimilar to the present. I hate the floating cars and 10,000 story cityscape type of sci fi.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed - Page 17 Empty Re: Recently Viewed Films - Reviewed

Post by gdf Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:51 am

Star Wars.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:54 am

Fuck Star Wars, I never understood the hype.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:59 pm

Major, this is all opinion, and good natured debate, for for you to claim trip to the moon as a forgotten relic, is, frankly silly. You honestly believe that a good majority of modern day filmmakers have seen Metropolis, and good, they probably have, but the Fritz Lang had undoubtedly seen trip to the moon. THAT film started Sci-Fi, not M. For you to completely ignore previous films which you dont hold in such high regard, simply so you can make a point is just bad.

Furthermore, it didnt ruin german expressionism, true, but it ertaily ruined german expressionist cinema (i hope you catch the difference). It was the LAST true German expressionist film, completely bankrupting the production company who made that, and Dr Caligari and earlier Nosferatu.

AND, this is the reviewing debate we talked about Prior. You gave Citizen Kane a 10 becaue you didnt enjoy it, you're rating your experience of the film, rather than the film itself, which is fine! But you are.

Just opinion, i didnt really rate it as highly as Dr Caligari, which i think to be a better example of both German expressionist film, and silent film, and of course reccomend.

Its good this debatin shit.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:59 pm

Trip to the Moon established the sci-fi genre. So what? Did Casablanca establish the romantic drama genre? Hardly.

Just because there exist earlier films that have been made in the same genre doesn't mean that a film that comes later can't become the most influential on the whole.

And of course one rates films as one experiences them! If a film isn't a worthwhile experience then it's a waste of time! How can one objectively review a film, when viewing one in itself is a subjective experience? Just because countless critics have hailed CK as a cinematic masterpiece, does that mean I should adjust my rating based on their opinions? That's how the gaming press function, not me.

And how can you blame Metropolis for ruining the company? Are you telling me that you're judging the film based on the aftermath of the production? I find that to be pretty shallow.

Ultimately we are all indebted to a train anyway.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:46 pm

lol People ran out of the cinema because they thought they were gonna get run over
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Yes indeed we are Wink

9 Songs -9
El Mariachi -8
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:47 pm

A few good men.

Perhaps one of only 4 or 5 of Tom Cruises films i reccomend watching.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:54 pm

I quite liked it even if it got hard to see past the cheese sometimes. I'm a sucker for courtroom dramas, though.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Yeah, im a sucker for Jack Nicholson, so insta-win for me.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:44 pm

I love both courtroom dramas and Nicholson so it was a smash hit on my end!
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:08 pm

I just watched Cars and was very pleasently surprised! Everyone had said this was Pixar's stinker, but I loved it! Was it predictable? Sure. Was is cheesy? Oh alright! The message cliched? You know it!

But I still smiled from ear to ear throughout, laughed, clapped and almost cried. Fucking Pixar make it look easy.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:26 pm

I liked Cars too, it probably is my least favourite Pixar film but I still really like it Smile
Dingo
Dingo

http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:49 pm

I dunno, I think I liked it better than Ratta-thingy. Up, Wall E and Toy Story still lead the charge however.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:32 pm

Tormented

3/5
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:20 am

Kaptain Kaviar wrote:I dunno, I think I liked it better than Ratta-thingy. Up, Wall E and Toy Story still lead the charge however.

I appreciate Toy Story, my favourite is the Incredibles, swiftly followed by Up, Wall-E and Monsters Inc in no particular order.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:33 am

I liked Incredibles a lot more after reading Watchmen... then I found out the director hadn't read it! Pretty funny that. Been a while since I watched Monsters. Inc, got it on blu-ray the other day... God bless HD.

Anyone getting Fight Club when it comes out? I'm literally bouncing up and down with excitement. The comparison shots are simply gob smacking. Bought the Godfather trilogy in HD the other day too, looking forward to watching those as well!
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:47 pm

Kaptain Kaviar wrote:I liked Incredibles a lot more after reading Watchmen... then I found out the director hadn't read it! Pretty funny that. Been a while since I watched Monsters. Inc, got it on blu-ray the other day... God bless HD.

Anyone getting Fight Club when it comes out? I'm literally bouncing up and down with excitement. The comparison shots are simply gob smacking. Bought the Godfather trilogy in HD the other day too, looking forward to watching those as well!

Im going to see Fight Club in blu ray on a cinema size screen at my university. Hugely excited Smile
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:49 pm

I agree with Kaviar. For me it goes:

1. Toy Story
2. Up
3. Wall E
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:17 am

Lost in Translation my favourite movie of the decade.

Possibly of all time.

This is all.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:53 am

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Blu-ray)

What can I really say about this film that hasn't been said before? This film was a revolution without doubt, a complete surprise and a classic like the best.

Has it aged? Yeah, a bit. Snow White is the typical 40's woman, incapable of solving anything without the help of men and only dreams of marrying. Her only redeeming feature is her ability to cook and sing.

The dwarfs on the other hand save the feature and alongside the animals give the film an incredible amount of life an genuine comedy. There's something fucked up about the whole concept though, I'm sure the dwarfs are planning to gang rape her at some point. The beautiful young maiden serving seven old men... strange!
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:12 am

Got Starship Troopers, Max Manus: Man of War, The Goonies and Shigurui: Death Frenzy on blu ray to watch. Seen Starship Troopers before but the rest are all new to me.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:00 pm

Cool, looking forward to hear your view on Max Manus. It's pretty much universally loved over here but I have some controversial opinions on it myself.
Kaptain Kaviar
Kaptain Kaviar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:18 pm

Yeah, I don't know a lot about it but lookin' forwards to watching it. You finished From Hell yet btw? Nevermind
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:59 am

Fight Club Blu-Ray is pretty special.
DanglyBrasco
DanglyBrasco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next