Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Far Cry 2

+3
bomby
GearsCT
gdf
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Far Cry 2 Empty Far Cry 2

Post by gdf Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:58 pm

Deserves its own thread and will stop everyone else getting annoyed by going on about a year old game all the time.

I been chasing a convoy around the airstrip for ages and have now pretty much run out of ammo. I'm going to have to catch them and use the mounted gun. Watch me fail!
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Far Cry 2 Empty Re: Far Cry 2

Post by GearsCT Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:40 pm

Road side bomb, hide, wait till it goes past.

BOOOM!

Hide from patrol until they get bored and go.
GearsCT
GearsCT

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:48 pm

i might pick this up when my backpay comes through, sounds alright.

bomby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:20 pm

IED's make weapon convoys too easy
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

https://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:08 pm

When do you get the ammo upgrade for the dart gun by the way lads? 5 darts doesn't justify weapon slot occupation IMO.
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:45 pm

I don't have the upgrade, but you get them off the arms dealer by doing missions for him. The cheeky cunt makes you buy the stuff afterwards, but they're always good to do.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:09 pm

I think the dartgun would be linked with the sharpshooter bandoleer or however the fuck oyu spell it.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:10 pm

I always do the gun dealer's missions as soon as it's possible.
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Today I was sent to the jungle to kill UFLL head honcho Something-or-other Gakumba. Scaling the mountains to his remote hideaway I was put in mind of Far Cry Instincts: Predator, and all the easy-going, open-ended nostalgia that entails. Sitting on top of a nearby rock I used my sniper to terminate two of the guards on his balcony swiftly, but the commotion gave away my position and a third ambushed me from the bushes with pistol fire. Spinning on my heel I turned my machine gun on him, sending him rolling down the mountain with his weapons - an entertaining sight, to be sure.
Knowing others would be coming for me I pushed on towards the building Gakumba was in. Sliding prone into some crates just before the bridge leading towards his hut, I scoped out the joint for any more of his henchmen. Finding nothing, I fired three flares onto his roof, which caught flame, sending heavily armoured goons out the front entrance to be picked off by further sniper fire. Siezing my moment I sprinted across the bridge, hearing excited whispering from behind the building. Having run out of flares, I threw a molotov round the back as the hushed discussion turned to panicked screams.
Making my way inside I found Gakumba, who asked what I was after - if it was money, he had plent in his top drawer. By account of being a fan of the UFLL, I hope this was true, allowing me to spare his life - I am, after all, a former IRA man who's only real motive now is cold hard cash. As I turned away, though, Gakumba pulled a pistol on me. Quick reactions on my part had him bleeding out on the carpet: I checked his weapon stash to see if there was anything of worth as bullets began to puncture the straw walls of the settlement. Checking my journal, it became clear the APR had turned on me (I knew they couldn't be truested). Dispatching an APR man with Gakumba's pistol I looked outside. A line of mercenaries took shots at me, forcing me into cover behind a flimy barrel. A grenade took care of them, and one of their friends took a machete to the face on the bridge which doubled as my exit.
Enjoying my escape now, I sprinted down the mountainside, tumbling from one rock to another. I slid across a boulder in more of a rush than the genuine danger really necessitated, but enjoying myself all the same. Took a fall slightly larger than I had anticipated, and it was game over. I was dead, and had to load my latest save, which was made about an hour earlier on a bus before the whole affair.
Fuck Far Cry 2.
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:53 pm

lol

at least you can enjoy that experience again. Smile

bomby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:37 pm

I've had a lot of those moments. What's really annoying is when you can't be bothered to save because it takes a while and die in a stupid fashion (I'm referring to you, hang-glider into tree) ten minutes after.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:42 pm

On the PC we got quick save. Checkpoints for the consoletards would have been nice, but I don't have any of those problems. Typically I try to do it realistically, I'll tap F5 when I beat a checkpoint or arrive at a location, for instance.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:26 pm

PC Gamers aren't hardcore enough.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:55 am

I went back to finish that mission today. I cleared the air strip buildings of goons and got some ammo, so I headed up to the sniper tower to try and take the convoy out with the dart gun. After one shot the weapon blew up. Sighing, I started down the steps, but I spotted a rusty sniper rifle used by the soldier I had killed before chasing the convoy. I grabbed it and fired several shots, missing because it was traveling at an angle to me. The car came up a gentle hill about three hundred yards in front of me and I nailed the driver. It halted and the target escaped, running off into the distance. I held my breath, lined up a shot and squeezed the trigger. Mission complete.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:18 pm

Oooh, it's the new Oblivion Stories thread!
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:14 am

Fuck it. I'm getting this today.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:04 am

I wish there was more variety in the missions. It's brilliant how you can attack different locations strategically but I still feel they could of added more depth in the missions and stopped a lot of them all feeling the same.

Jammer

http://www.knights-of-curtainia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:16 am

Yeah. Go here, kill/steal/destroy object complete mission, save buddy from firefight gets repetitive.
Seany C
Seany C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:21 pm

Ok so I got it and I've been playing it for about 2 hours. The driving is pretty difficult to get used to, and the guard outpost things are irritating. When you go to do a mission, go by an outpost, kill everyone there, complete the mission, then come back and all the enemies have respawned at the bloody outpost. Its fun though. But my initial reaction is that its missing something.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:10 pm

That's like the opposite of what it is. It's not missing anything, it's like it's too ambitious.

Persevere, it pays dividends in most cases.
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:43 pm

Ok yeh this game is awesome. I really like the 'buddy' system, although I've lost my more aggressive sidekick as I had no syringes to help him with Sad

I am in need of some help though. Basically, I can't find a way back into the main quest? I've been buzzing about the world doing some missions for the weapon salesmen and stuff, but how do I actually start doing jobs for the main factions again?
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebellious Backbencher Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:50 pm

By buddies confuse me. I never use them, I don't know how I'm meant to use them, but old 'uns seem to die and new 'uns appear in some remote shed I happen to wake up in almost at random. It's adding nothing to the game for me.

Last edited by Rebellious Backbencher on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rebellious Backbencher
Rebellious Backbencher

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:38 pm

I like how you can use them as alternative ways to complete missions etc. Does anyone know if you come across all the buddies just by playing through the story?
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:51 am

I think it's possible but unlikely.

And you get story missions in Pala. It's slightly ridiculous that the two factions' bases are thirty yards away from each other!
gdf
gdf

Back to top Go down

Post by JokerJamie Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:10 am

Yeah I was thinking about that! It would be pretty stressful having to drive all the way across the map to go to the different factions though...The map is huuuge. Driving places can get very very stressful.
JokerJamie
JokerJamie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum