Now Playing...

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Now Playing...

Post by gdf on Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:12 pm

Kaptain Kaviar wrote:I hated the demo, my cousin hated the demo. Bought the game on a whim and loved it, my cousin agreed after having borrowed it off me. Now he won't give it back!!

You know what, I actually like Prototype. I thought it would be average or shit, but it's pretty enjoyable so far. Assassin's Creed could learn a few lessons, actually.

Don't like the setting or general vibe, though, it's pretty unpleasant.
gdf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby on Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:39 pm

yeah i need to play something other than DMC 4. collecting a full inv for all the items has kept me busy, may give saints row the decent playthrough it deserves this week

bomby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:19 am

How about Ninja Gaiden II Bomby?
Dingo

View user profile http://increationgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seany C on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:36 am

I still need to complete NG2. I stopped playing because the bug where it froze at the hell level cutscene hadn't been fixed yet. I assume it is now.
Seany C
Admin

View user profile http://theinterhood.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GearsCT on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:41 am

I may get NG2 at some point, never bought it and it may be cheap now, but games for me now are just loosing their shine and appeal
GearsCT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaptain Kaviar on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:23 pm

Hmm, tried the Batman demo. Seems like it would all become terribly repetitive very quickly to be honest.
Kaptain Kaviar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine on Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:37 pm

Well, I officially suck at NG2. No surprises there, I'm generally terrible at all games outside of RPGs and Elite Beat Agents.

Every boss takes me about 20 attempts to beat. I am a button basher by design and it's not helping me one bit.

Edit: Also. I've dug out my GameBoy Pocket to play FFL3. How I miss the Dot Matrix of old. It's so weird to look at now, yet was the norm in those days.
Raine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby on Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Dingo wrote:How about Ninja Gaiden II Bomby?

yeah ill give it a try asap, money is a little tight at the mo

bomby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:09 pm

It's pretty good and if you've been playing DMC4 you should be able to manage it.
Dingo

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby on Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:39 pm

yeah its just that i want to complete son of sparda, dante must die, bloody palace, heaven and hell and kill 10,000 demons before i move on to another action game. its just having the time to play all the different games, which i just havent had lately, ands since DMC 4 takes ages of your time up to complete i doubt ill be playing much else for a few more weeks.

bomby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:42 pm

On Prototype I just sneaked into a military base and stealth-consumed every last soldier in there, fifty in total. Afterwards it was empty so I threw about some trucks and blew shit up for a while, it was awesome.
gdf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:17 pm

Lylat Wars, completely immense. No saves, inablity to change control scheme. Quality game.

Resident Evil- (original, updated for GC) Its good, controls are a bit fiddly at the mo, but so much better than Resi5 imo, oozes atmosphere.
DanglyBrasco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:40 pm

The first playthrough of Resident Evil is quite cumbersome, but once you crack it, it's brilliant stuff. I managed to finish it three times in one week just a few months back. Unlocked some things like the pistol with infinite ammo and some new customs. I should really get back to continuing my Jill save.

Lately I've been playing Fallout 3, Far Cry 2 and Tomb Raider: Underworld.

I'm about 10 hours into Fallout 3 and enjoying it. Last time I played it, I had just met up with my father. I like it, but I'll never be one of these people that absolutely bum these [Bethesda] games.

I've managed about 1 or 2 hours of Far Cry 2. If it didn't have such silly design choices it could have been a brilliant game. Think it'll take a bit longer than usual to finish.

Finished Underworld just the other day, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. In my opinion, it's the best Tomb Raider from Crystal Dynamics so far, but that's not saying much. It looks gorgeous at times and technically it was a lot better (although still quite glitchy) than the previous games, but things get a bit dull later on and the combat is so very weak. I would give it a 7/10.
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:58 pm

A lot of people have trouble getting past the first couple of hours of Far Cry 2.

What don't you like?
gdf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:12 am

Main thing is a console problem: the lack of quick saves - it really doesn't help when you have to drive long distances to some objectives, and EVERYBODY you come by is trying to kill you! Normally you end up dead and have to reload a save - which is usually back to the end of previous completed mission or just before you activated the mission you just died on. So then you have to go back to the place to activate that mission you were just on, then drive to that the location of the target, and then you have to deal with all the guys on the way there again. Sometimes I feel they come out of nowhere.

It's just one big slog.

Then there's the malaria thing.
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:11 am

Damn, I don't know why they'd overlook at least a checkpoint system for the consoles.

The "everyone's your enemy" thing never really bugged me, not sure why.

Dealing with malaria is just a tap of the health button and it hasn't cropped up more than about five or six times over the course of my seven or eight hours of play time.

Anyway, as you may be able to tell, I'm quite the fan. The other day I was chasing a convoy around with a sniper rifle. I eventually got the headshot on the truck driver, it was awesome.
gdf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Suede on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:21 am

The other day I got a headshot on a sniper, who was firing upon me from quite a distance on top of a tower type structure. It was very satisfying.

To be honest, I haven't played it enough for the malaria to really get on my nerves, but I just feel it could have been left out.

It's a strange game, because it can really annoy me, but at the same time I'm like: "this is awesome".

Maybe by the end I will also be quite the fan.
Black Suede

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingo on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Just finished Riddick. Butcher Bay was amazing and Dark Athena was good. DA started to drag on towards the end and was more about shooting than being stealthy.

Now I'm back on Ninja Gaiden Sigma. The end part is just cheap...
Dingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:20 pm

I'm now playing Blue Dragon. I got sick of Ninja Gaiden II showing me what a poor gamer I was.

BD... plays like just about every RPG with a Job Class system under the sun really. The only thing that really makes it stand out is the fact the weapons are big monster shadows. Also, I'm really beginning to think I'm allergic to Akira Toriyama's character design. Just like Dragon Quest, it's horrible to look at, especially when I'm so used to Lost Odyssey and Enchanted Arms highly detailed characters. Eternal Sonata managed to be bright, colourful and unique, so why can't Toriyama draw something that isn't Dragonball's cast in different clothing?
Raine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GearsCT on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Why do I just keep on going back to Rock Band lol, especially after finding out Hollywood Undead is now downloadable for free
GearsCT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moozo on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:50 am

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!
Moozo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:40 am

Blasted away some time on the train with Geometry Wars Galaxies on DS. It's a great game, I'm almost enjoying it more on the tiny screen, very well suited to the platform.
gdf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanglyBrasco on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 pm

Bit the bullet and bought a PS3.

Killzone 2 looks amazing, but i think its very very average. Brothers in Arms is a little better, more fun, but not as pretty.

Il get somemore games for it later, i bought it on a whim for 210, preowned, but mint condition Smile

Reccomend me some games kids. xxxxxxx
DanglyBrasco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:42 pm

Tier 1: Noby Noby Boy, Heavenly Sword, Wipeout HD, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, LittleBigPlanet.

Tier 2: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Disgaea 3, Ridge Racer 7, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots + Online, Trash Panic, Flower.

Tier 3 (only if you haven't played other versions): Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, Ninja Gaiden Sigma.
gdf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GearsCT on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:46 pm

Im probs gonna get Heavenly Sword and R&C soon, not played them yet
GearsCT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content