Work discussion

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Work discussion

Post by bomby on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:16 pm

labels are thrown around with ease these todays, iv been labelled chav despite having little in commen with them.

bomby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Septula on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:42 am

i work on a site which is basically a school and college for people with learning disabilities from the age of 5 to around 24, we have on site accomodation for our students which is where they basically live, they go home to their families in the school holidays. i work in the care side which is the accomodation for when they arnt in college and i work with the older lads we have. i love my job and it is so rewarding helping out people who do not have the oppurtunities that many of us would be able to have in life and helping them enjoy there time and making it as easy and comfortable whilst they are away from their families. on a side not i earn around 16k before tax but the major bonus is i get all school holidays off and paid which is around 12 weeks a year, so thats nice Smile

wow, sorry, that was a bit longer than i expected, hope i made some sort of sense!
Septula

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipso-Shrapnel on Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:08 pm

Freelance Graphic Designer, been toying with it for awhile but I'm finally managing to get work (got a full page ad in this months art rocker). Other than that, while I finish my degree I work part time at Morrisons. I fucking hate it, but it makes me want to get out of this town even more xD
Ipso-Shrapnel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf on Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:34 pm

Septula wrote:i work on a site which is basically a school and college for people with learning disabilities from the age of 5 to around 24, we have on site accomodation for our students which is where they basically live, they go home to their families in the school holidays. i work in the care side which is the accomodation for when they arnt in college and i work with the older lads we have. i love my job and it is so rewarding helping out people who do not have the oppurtunities that many of us would be able to have in life and helping them enjoy there time and making it as easy and comfortable whilst they are away from their families. on a side not i earn around 16k before tax but the major bonus is i get all school holidays off and paid which is around 12 weeks a year, so thats nice Smile

wow, sorry, that was a bit longer than i expected, hope i made some sort of sense!

Such a noble cause Crying
gdf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Septula on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:41 pm

gdf wrote:
Septula wrote:snip

at least it could be understood! and as long as you aint taking the piss then yeah, it is quite rewarding as ive said Smile
Septula

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gdf on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:49 pm

Septula wrote:
gdf wrote:
Septula wrote:snip

at least it could be understood! and as long as you aint taking the piss then yeah, it is quite rewarding as ive said Smile
I definitely couldn't do it, so good on you. Spending time around those with learning difficulties, at least in extreme cases, really disturbs me.
gdf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Septula on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:46 am

it's hard work at times but worth it so much mate
Septula

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisheggz on Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Lol I work as a Radio Tech for a company called Nessco lol

I do bench repairs and various Radio and off shore equipment and installs as well (Usually involves climbing to the highest point of a ship and installing an antenna) spent lots of time building are Sarus Crane Radio as for some reason we have received a hell of a lot of orders for them lately.

At some point I am going to spend 3 weeks near Newcastle earning 100 a day bonus What a Face

Much fun
Fisheggz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomby on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:29 am

nice one, so is that 2100 extra on top of normal wages?

bomby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisheggz on Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:05 pm

Yarp :}:
Fisheggz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content